cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christinadot
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Crashing

Hi,
I have some collections and when I click to see them I get this error and then the app shuts down.
If I click to see the collections when they are empty it doesn't crashes, it's only happening when they are filled with data.

Also, I had some crashes the other days, while copying buttons or just moving from one screen to another and the app couldn't recover the unsaved changes even though I clicked at the restore button.

Do you have any idea how I can make it work?

problem.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
christinadot

Re: PowerApps Crashing

Hi  ,

It seemed that the problem was on a specific collection, because my app was crashing when I wanted to open this one.

I changed the fields of the collection one by one to figure out the problem. It seems that it crashed because I added numeric variables to a field, on which I also added input text (char), from another screen (I add items to this collection from different screens using the same name of the fields) so it was incompatible data type. I suppose that was the reason of crashing. I changed both fields with the same type of data and now it's working.

Thank you for responding,
Christina

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Christinadot,

I tried to click the collections filled with data both on PowerApps studio for Web and PowerApps studio for Windows. But I was not able to reproduce this issue on my side. I can check all the collections with no error.

Are you using PowerApps studio for Web? If yes, could you try to clear the cache and open the browser in InPrivate mode to see if it works?
How many data are there in your collections?
How is your Restore button configured? Could you show me the code?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
christinadot

Hi  ,

It seemed that the problem was on a specific collection, because my app was crashing when I wanted to open this one.

I changed the fields of the collection one by one to figure out the problem. It seems that it crashed because I added numeric variables to a field, on which I also added input text (char), from another screen (I add items to this collection from different screens using the same name of the fields) so it was incompatible data type. I suppose that was the reason of crashing. I changed both fields with the same type of data and now it's working.

Thank you for responding,
Christina

View solution in original post

duffysp

@christinadot

I spent hours trying to find why Powerapps was crashing when I added items to a collection - I re-wrote the parts that inserted records into my collection after seeing your post - It's now working fine.

Turns out I had seperate buttons writing records to the same collection but not with the same datatypes. One was setting the datatypes using Text() and Value() and the other wasnt. I'm assuming Powerapps was implicitely setting the datatypes for one of them that didnt quite fit with the collection schema. updating this corrected the issue.

Thanks for your post 🙂

Aaronpatel

Hi,

I am trying to find a solution to avoid customer sending duplicate records to my SharePoint list.

I create a powerapp with a SharePoint List, where the Title filed is unique and is set to User().Email&"-"&Brand_Dropdown.Selected.Result&"-"&Model_Dropdown.Selected.Result.

I created a datacard

Default=User().Email&"-"&Brand_Dropdown.Selected.Result&"-"&Model_Dropdown.Selected.Result

where a unique key is generated by concatenting user email, his brand selection and his model seleciton and stored as text.  So next time a custermer select same combination it should fail.  The app does fail but it crashes instead of providing a error message.

I have set OnFailure = Notify("You may have submitted a this survery ",Error)

Please let me know if any other information is needed to understand the context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,325)