cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danchircop
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Desktop version

Hi,

I'm trying to run an app I created with powerapps through the desktop version installed on Win10. It seems that the desktop version is having issues trying to adjust to the aspect ratio of the screen. Centred text in a datacard is being displaced to the right hand side. Comboboxes also appear incorrect (image attached)

The app works just fine in a browser.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Jrldscrpz

Re: PowerApps Desktop version

Try adjust the padding?
danchircop

Hi, thanks for the reply. Changing the padding does tend to solve the problem but then they would appear incorrect in the browser version. As I said the browser version is behaving correctly.

Seems there's something wrong with the desktop application. For example even the chevron buttons of the combo boxes appear strange. 

Seems it's some kind of resizing issue. In fact opening the window in different screens  gives different results. 

The  app settings are set to 16:9 (default) and Lock Aspect Ratio is enabled.

I really wish I can get this to work. 

Thanks

Dan

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for your post @danchircop and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I checked around the PowerApps Community and found this response from a member of our Product Team in regards to the PowerApps Desktop version. Take a look and let me know if it helps. 

When building apps to be run in the browser exclusively, I would recommend that you select the "Tablet Format". This format is designed to work well on desktops, tablets, and even large phone screens. It is on our roadmap to further enhance this experience so that you may create apps from data using the Tablet format, however I don't have any specific dates to share yet.

Please feel confident that any app you build in tablet mode will work well in a browser / desktop view in the meanwhile. We have a great selection of templates you can use to get started building beatiful apps for destop and browser. You can locate these at web.powerapps.com on the Home page. Click on the Office filter in the templates section to see some of my favorites.

Please review these articles for additional guidance:

https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/set-aspect-ratio-portrait-landscape

https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-started-test-drive

We will continue to enhance formatting options, and have fully responsive design available now in Model Driven Apps, with roadmap plans to include fully responsive app design in canvas as well.

More on Model Driven Apps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/model-driven-app-overview

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,670)