cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dyee4613
Level 8

PowerApps: Edit View and Published View Differ

Hi.  I'm really perplexed by this.  I made a small change to my lookup data.  It looks like the change was fine in my live app.  However, a very strange bug appeared...

When a user opens my app, the user can select the location.  The location filters the room number.  A picture of this is in pic 1.  I have checked the lookup and all the locations are pulling correctly and the room numbers are filtering correctly.  

When the user goes to the next page, the selected room and location SHOULD appear in the top of the screen and the sub filters (bed/bath, etc) should be grayed out depending on the location selected.  However, as picture 2 shows it does not happen.  The location and room number information is not traveling over. 

However, when you go back to the home screen then repeat the exact same steps, it works as it should seen with picture 3.  This error did not occur before and does not occur in the test view.  What is happening and how can I fix this?

Update: On my app, I have two paths based on the room number.  If they select Exterior for the room, it will take them to the exterior screen and if they don't it will go to the interior screen.  I noticed when there is an error, regardless of what option selected it takes them to the interior screen (because it isn't reading the room number on the first page)

2 REPLIES 2
dyee4613
Level 8

Re: PowerApps: Edit View and Published View Differ

A few more notes:

- My next button has a formula

if ( RM = "Exterior", navigate(exterior, none), navigate(interior,none))

I added a label that said Exterior = RM.selected.result to confirm it is true but the FIRST time always goes to the interior page.  after that it works as expected.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps: Edit View and Published View Differ

Hi @dyee4613 ,

How do you pass the selected  location value and room number value to your the next page? Using Navigate() function?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

As an alternative solution, please consider use a global variable (using Set function) to store the selected location value and room number value.

On your side, please consider add the following formulas within the OnSelect property of the "Next Page" button within the H2A Housing Checklist screen:

Set(LocationValue, LocationDropBox.Selected.Value);   /* <-- Add formula here */
Set(RoomNoValue, UnitNumberDropBox.Selected.Value);   /* <-- Add formula here */
... Navigate(NextScreen, ScreenTransition.None)

then within your Next screen (page), use the LocationValue and RoomNoValue variable as the display value for selected location and selected RoomNo.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on your data source, then try above solution, then check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,172)