cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstark123
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Editing Environment Laggy/Buggy

Recently, my PowerApps editing environment has been acting extremely slow and buggy.

Sometimes when I type something into the formula bar and press enter, it will look okay for a few seconds and then revert back to contain only half of what I typed. For example, if I was to change the fill property of a text box to "White", it would contain "White" in the formula bar for 1-2 seconds without updating the fill color, then revert back to "Whi" in the formula bar and show an error.

It's also taking 5-10 seconds just to select an item and have the formula bar switch to the property I want to edit, and even longer to insert items or change their properties.

Does anyone know the cause or a fix for this?

Thanks for your help!

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Editing Environment Laggy/Buggy

Hi @jstark123 ,

I did not meet this kind of problem like your description.

You could refer these tips to improve your app's performance:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/13/powerapps-improving-app-performance/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

If the problem still exists, maybe it is about powerapps itself.

If so, I will report this to my product team. If there is any improvment about this, I will reply here.

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jstark123

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but it's still there after the weekend.

This morning, it's actually worse. It started with properties being very slow to update. For example: when adding an item to a dropdown, it took 1-2 minutes to actually add it as a choice. I could see it in the array when I looked at the property, but not in the dropdown.

Then it moved to the issue I stated before of not completing the properties I type into the formula bar. For example: if I change a Fill property to "White", I can type out "White", then exit the formula bar, then go back and it will say "Whi" or "Whit".

Now it's taking 3-5 minutes just to open my list of apps in the editor.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jstark123 ,

Maybe this is related to your app's cache.

Please try to clean your browser's cache and update your browser to the latest version.

If you are using PowerApps in mobile device, try to click the "Clean the cache" in the app.

Then try again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jstark123

@v-yutliu-msft , this solution worked for a bit, but the problem came back up again fairly quickly. Any other ideas? 

jstark123

@v-yutliu-msft  This has now gotten worse, to the point that it's completely impossible to edit or open apps in the app studio. The issues I wrote about in the original post continue until the page become completely unresponsive, usually within 1-3 minutes after opening up the app. Do you have any more ideas on how to fix this?

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @jstark123 if you're still experiencing this issue can you provide a session I.D. so that we can investigate? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

jstark123

@TopShelf-MSFT  Is there a session ID for the studio? That's where I'm having issues. Strangely, all my apps are working just fine.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Sorry @jstark123 I misunderstood where the problems were occuring. Let me review this. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

jstark123

@TopShelf-MSFT  No problem at all! Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,127)