cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isaiah
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Filter in SharePoint List

I am trying to filter a Person column in a SharePoint List to determine who the approver will be in PowerApps based on several criteria.

Purchase App (get the information from SharePoint List Name: PurchaseTest1)Image1.png

My idea is that the approver (coming from SharePoint List Name: ApproversTest1) is the list of persons that may approve the purchase request (ApproverPerson Column is a Person column)

Image2.png

So the idea is that if the request is below 5,000 the approver option will be only if the BusinessUnit match. Ex: If amount is 2,500 and BusinessUnit is Unit1, only Alfredo should be an option. If the amount exceed 5,000 only Alejandra Pena should be available for either Business Unit.

At this point i just have the formula for the amount: 

Distinct(Filter(ApproversTest1,Limit>=Value(DataCardValue2.Text)),ApproverPerson.DisplayName)

But i am not able to include the fact that it should consider the BusinessUnit as well, I have been trying to use Contain with no success.

Any thoughts

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: PowerApps Filter in SharePoint List

Hey @Isaiah 

Can you try to update your formula as:

Distinct(Filter(ApproversTest1,Limit>=Value(DataCardValue2.Text) && BusinessUnit.Name in DataCardValue12.SelectedItems.Name),ApproverPerson.DisplayName)

Here, Name needs to be replaced with the column which stores the Unit1 and Unit2 values. Also, DataCardValue12 is the name of the combobox control

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Isaiah
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Filter in SharePoint List

Thank you Yashag,

The only option available is Value and is marking an error, can you help?

Distinct(Filter(ApproversTest1,Limit>=Value(DataCardValue2.Text) && BusinessUnit.Value in DataCardValue3.SelectedItems.Value),ApproverPerson.DisplayName)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,710)