cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GaryEden
Level: Powered On

PowerApps / Flow / Azure SQL Intermitent Connection problems

I use a number of Flows connected to PowerApps to retrive information from Azure hosted SQL database (many of these call stored procedures to improve performance). 

From time to time everything locks up/times out - today has been especially bad with load/update times running into several minutes instead of the usual seconds.

The intial PowerApp loads and then hangs while the data is being retrived via the Flows. Running the Flows directly the response time has gone up from a few seconds to minutes on one test, the next time I run the same Flow it's back to seconds.

Everything has been stable up to now but today has been so bad the apps are unusable.

Searching around I can't find any information on the status of PowerApps & Flow except 'everything is running normally' - which it isn't. Looking at the Azure dashboard there doesn't appear to be any issues.

Does anyone else get problems like this?

If you do how are you able to pin point the issue and more importantly fix it - rather than having to wait for it to fix itself.

I've had several very grumpy users today and general development work has been almost impossible due to the time taking to save/update.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps / Flow / Azure SQL Intermitent Connection problems

Hi @GaryEden ,

Ok, thanks for your feedback.

Do you have any other problem?
If you've solved your problem, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

GaryEden

Didn't real solve anything, it just started working again - to me it appeared to have been a server/hosting issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GaryEden ,

Could you tell me what data sources that your app and flow connect with?

Currently, I haven't met this kind of problem.

I suggest you clear your browser's cache, update it to the latest version and try again.

What's more, please make sure that you are in good condition of network, which will effect the app's performance too.

If the problem still exists, I suggest you ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GaryEden

Hi Phoebe

The browser cache isn't the problem as the issue affects multiple users using different PCs/Macs and browser combinations - Clearing my browser cache and/or switching to a different browser is also one of my first tests to discount any local issues.

The current data path is 'PowerApp - Flow - Azure SQL db' - with flow connecting to either the SQL tables directly or to stored proceedures. I have triggered the stored proceedures directly and these are working as expected.

Looking at the run history for one of my flows (see attached) you can see that normal run time is typically 0 to 3 seconds. However, when the issue occured the time increased significantly, up to 3m 22s plus one failure.This pattern is repeated accross most of my other flows.

Nothing has changed with the underlying data structure, Flow design or PowerApp code calling the Flow.

At the moment normal service appears to have been resumed.

If it happens again I'll get straight on to support - hopefully to catch the problem while its happening.

Cheers

Gary

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GaryEden ,

Ok, thanks for your feedback.

Do you have any other problem?
If you've solved your problem, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

GaryEden

Didn't real solve anything, it just started working again - to me it appeared to have been a server/hosting issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,298)