cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps Form - OnSelect (not solved)

@driverdo19 @tmtm

Lot's of email have flown over this one. For now I will leave you with the workaround while we decide if this is working as designed or will be changed. 

What you can do is resize the SharePoint display form and the put the button outside of the form and then you can have a clickable button. 

Capture22232.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
tmtm
Level: Powered On

@Shanescows

thanks a lot for you help

I have one more question. You are talking about sharepoint form and about customized sharepoint form - Does it mean that datasource might matter? I have my form built over a table in Azure SQL.

btw: I'm alredy using this workaround and you can even put button over the form so that it look like it is in the form for the end user - but this works good only for the forms forms which does not require scrolling, if the scrolling is required then button needs to be outside of the form  ...

Super User
Super User

Yes, I think this oddball behavior is only for SharePoint customized list forms. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Rajesh

I've created a custom standalone power app against a SharePoint list (not using the customized forms option), however I'm seeing the same behaviour. Button within the form inherits the property of the form. If I put button outside, then button is clickable whether the Form mode is edit or view

Super User
Super User

Are you clicking Play on the App from the Home screen instead of with it in Edit Mode? 

Launch() and Exit() both do not seem to work when you just click Play from the Edit screen.

I have been stumped on this part for longer than I care to admit before..lol. 

Coatsy35

Is there anymore updates on this? It really is quite annoying! I have an edit form and cannot get any onselect function to work on any controls, if the control is inside a datacard, unless the form is in edit mode (which is not practical, as I need people to select a button when viewing the form). To me this must be a bug, as a view form can use onselect absolutately fine.

The way I am going I'm going to have to have a seperate form to view and another to edit, which is a pain as it would be far easier to have one form that can do both. (I can't place a button over the top either as I have a scrolling form)

Super User
Super User

A button inside a form will always only work when it is in Edit Mode or New Mode...the reason is if it is View then that basically means you can't do anything but look...including pressing a button. 

I typically put my buttons outside my form to not be stuck with this or at least any buttons you want pressed when you form is in Edit Mode you will need outside the form.

The only other thing you can do that is basically a work around is where you are making your variable change the whole Form between View/Edit mode you could actually do it on each Card and have it swap back and forth off the variable on all the cards EXCEPT the one that has your button in it.

tmtm

I ended up in with same workaound, it is quite ok. 

The implementation of the "View mode" in powerapps forms is ridicilous. Even in form view mode, a button is enabled and you can press it, you can see a background color change, etc...  but OnSelect event is not fired. IMHO this is an error and not a feature.

And I still dont uderstand why it is working in @Shanescows case.

Highlighted
andyolb28

its defnetly a bug. I hoope it will be fixed.

You should be able to klick on a link in a view Form!

MikeLockwood
Level 8

Any updates on this as of yet?

Thanks,
Mike L.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,149)