cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps Gallery Navigation Help

Hi, new here.. but have an issue and need all your smart people to help. I thank you in advance. 

I have a app. Using a Office365 SharePoint list. I have built a Gallery that groups items from this SP list. Then i created another Gallery inside the first to show details of my items. This means i have nested galleries with these details

Main gallery has GroupBy('Support log',"spgTempSchoolName","SchoolGrouping") to group the list data and a label ThisItem.spgTempSchoolName

Second gallery has Items=ThisItem.SchoolGrouping and a label

Now when clicking the name of the item i want to move to a details screen using GalleryName.Selected and Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

If i use this on OnSelect Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None) i get the first item details in the details screen but once i click a second item i just keep getting the details of the first item.

I'm brand new and not a coder but got stuck with this as i was "willing to learn" not so sure I'm learning though

Any help would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PowerApps Gallery Navigation Help

So i solved it myself after a lot of clicking around. So I use the Navigate function as so

Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None,{displayItem:ThisItem}

The bold part above was what was needed to be able to navigate out from my nested galleries. 

and then what i was missing was in the "advanced" section of the DetailScreen1 I needed to change the "item" field to "displayItem" instead of GalleryName.selected and suddenly it works.

Hope that explains it for anyone else that is looking.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i solved it myself after a lot of clicking around. So I use the Navigate function as so

The bold part above was what was needed to be able to navigate out from my nested galleries. 

and then what i was missing was in the "advanced" section of the DetailScreen1 I needed to change the "item" field to "displayItem" instead of GalleryName.selected and suddenly it works.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

I think your thought is proper. More details about the Navigate function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Navigate function

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry just marked it now. New here just learning how to do things right here

jdvroum
Level: Powered On

Hello,

It's working find bettween the link in browse page and the detail page but not between the detail page and the browse page. Impossible to put {displayItem:ThisItem} in editpage !

Doyou have an idea ?

Thanks 

PytByt
Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

Can you show it with example and where exactly should i put the formula in every screen that i want to navigate with the items in my gallery?

i need this. please help.

thanks,

pytbyt

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 316 members 5,641 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: