Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NoumanQ
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Gallery cannot display Long Integers

Hello,

I have an application with an Azure based SQL database as a data source, My table in database has an ID column with integers that are 18 digits long(bigint). Whenever this column is bought to powerapps, I see only 16 digits and remaining digits shown as zeros.

So if I have value 1234567890123456103 in the database, I see 1234567890123456000 in the powerapp. Is there a way around this? It seems powerapps doesnt support display of longintegers.

Regards,

Nouman

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Gallery cannot display Long Integers

Symptom confirmed from my side.

It seems currently PowerApps SQL Server connector can't handle data which is larger than 18 digits.

As the data passed through the connector is number type, the data would be changed automatically. 

I will send the feedback from my side to confirm this issue, and if there are any workaround, will post back.

Besides, please consider switch the Bigint format into string,  which should be able to have the number displayed correctly.

Please note that, under current situation, the string can't be converted into the proper number value through the Value() function.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Numbers in PowerApps are represented in the IEEE 754 64-bit format, which would give a range of -2^53 to 2^53 for the integers that can be represented without losing precision (that's about 16 digits).

If you have a bigint in SQL and want to display it in PowerApps, you can consider creating a new calculated column that represents that number as a string (varchar or nvarchar).

NoumanQ
Level: Powered On

Hi @CarlosFigueira , @v-micsh-msft 

The table I am querying in SQL is a very large one, and its most effectively queried when utilising the bigint primary key. The approach of maintaining a varchar column  and running a query against that column in a very large table is not a good idea and queries never complete.(I tried, it never works)

Is there any way around this issue? Is it possible that the Lookup or filter function in Powerapps allow using strings that eventually query the data source as a Bigint.

Thanks and Looking forward to your support.

Nouman

PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

You cannot use numbers greater than ~2^53 in PowerApps, as they would lose precision as you noticed. One possible workaround would be to create a stored procedure in SQL Server that would take the number you want to query as a string, convert it into a long integer, and then make the query that would take advantage of your indices. It cannot be done directly in PowerApps, but you can do that using Flow - see this link for some instructions on how you would go about this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,930)