cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
reynoldsdl
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Image Control Is not displaying tiff or tif Images from sharepoint image library/datasource.

I have an image library on sharepoint with jpg and tiff images. In the PowerApp I am building using 'Link To Item' from the data source object in the Image's image attribute. jpg files are rendered fine but tiff files appear blank. The images all appear fine in the image library just not in the power app and just not tiff type files. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Image Control Is not displaying tiff or tif Images from sharepoint image library/datasource.

Hi @reynoldsdl @Pstork1 

I will update my post here,I have asked my temates, and tiff type is not supported by image control.

There is the introduce in the doc, but the doc. bot clearify not support tiff, it only shows it can support web-image formats, then I research the web-image formats, not include tiff.

tiff.PNG

data-types

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: PowerApps Image Control Is not displaying tiff or tif Images from sharepoint image library/datasource.

I did a little testing and it looks like the PowerApps image control won't display TIFF files no matter where they are located.  I tried uploading one directly in the control and all I get is a white block. I suspect the image control isn't designed to display anything other than JPG and PNG. But I couldn't find anything official that lists a file format limitation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @reynoldsdl @Pstork1 

I test on my side.And also use the Add picture control to upload the tiff type image,  it can't display yet.

However I don't clearly find one documents to introduce this.I have submit one ticket about this.If I get some response about this, will update ASAP.Thanks for your posts.

SupportLink:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards.

Yumia

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @reynoldsdl @Pstork1 

I will update my post here,I have asked my temates, and tiff type is not supported by image control.

There is the introduce in the doc, but the doc. bot clearify not support tiff, it only shows it can support web-image formats, then I research the web-image formats, not include tiff.

tiff.PNG

data-types

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

You can view TIF files stored in a Document Library by using the {Thumbnail} property for any give file or photo including TIF files:

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Small
ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Medium
ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

It is supported, albeit this blog from Chaks (a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft) describes how you can do this with the Graph APIs, this has since been implemented nataively in the SharePoint Connector per my blog post early this year:

https://masteroffice365.com/sharepoint-powered-thumbnails/

I have tested it with TIF files and definitely works, although it does seem to take a little bit longer to render than other file or photo types of documents.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,029)