Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RussMorganSMS
Level: Power Up

PowerApps License

Hey Community, 

Hoping someone can shed light on how these licenses work. 

Ive read a few articles, but was not able to get the answer I was looking for. 

PowerApps sells their license @ $40 per user. 

My questions are as follows : 

1. After purchasing a license and creating a powerapp, can I make the application public?
  2. I understand that I need a license to DEVELOP a powerapp, but do other users need to have a license in order to USE the powerapp?
  3. Is it the case that for each person that wants to USE a powerapp that was created, that they will need to have a license as well?
  4. Does one license mean that a signle organization will have access to powerapps inclusive of development, usage, etc? (meaning, one license will allow multiple users in an organization to develop and share powerapps across the organization)

Would appreciate the assitance in getting clarity, as I am in the middle of making recommendations to a client and this clarity will affect the budget drastically. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Darshan
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps License

Have you gone through this: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/pricing-billing-skus/

This should answer your questions. Apps built using PowerApps cannot be made public and all PowerApps licensing is per user. I'm happy to answer any questions that remain unanswered after you've read the article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff Darshan
PowerApps Staff

Have you gone through this: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/pricing-billing-skus/

This should answer your questions. Apps built using PowerApps cannot be made public and all PowerApps licensing is per user. I'm happy to answer any questions that remain unanswered after you've read the article.

View solution in original post

RussMorganSMS
Level: Power Up

Thanks for responding. 

I did infact check that link, but I was not understanding the licensing concept. 

However, after speak to the client who has had to purchase licenses for Dynamics- I now understand how the licensing per user works. 

Thank you for the link. 

msmith
Level 8

I am still not understanding it. We are on an Exchange P1 plan using Groups. We have a couple of people licensed to create the PowerApp forms.

In order to get an id from within PowerApps a person signs up for the trial. Once the trial ends, will they still have the ability to at the very least fill out and submit the form to a SharePoint list?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @msmith

Your users will be able to use your apps if they do not contain any premium connectors. If any premium connector is used they will have to have Power Plan 1 License to use the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 128 members 1,957 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: