Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kullurumanoj
Level: Powered On

PowerApps License

Hi All,

Currently there are couple of apps I have developed using PowerApps. Today I got a mail from my company administrator saying assigned Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license will be ended in two days. Our company has  PowerApps for Office 365 license. All my apps are Canvas Apps. I have installed Gateway on server to have it running always. I am using sql server connector.

Can someone please help me to access the impact if  Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license is ended.

Is there anyway I can see the apps under Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license ?

Regards,

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps License

Hi Manoj

I understand that this is confusing.

Yes, the SQL Server is a standard, free connector. However, the use of the on-premises gateway requires a P1 or P2 license. Therefore by extension of this rule, if you want to connect to an on-premise SQL Server through a gateway, you'll need a P1 or P2 license. 

If for example you were to connect to a SQL Server Azure database instead, this would not require a P1 or P2 license because this would not require the on-premises gateway.

Hope that makes a bit more sense for you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi Manoj,

I don't think there's anywhere where you can find a list of apps that depend on a Plan 2 license.

As you're aware, any app that uses an on-premise SQL Server will stop working when the trial expires. Therefore, one way to gauge the impact would be to go through your list of connections under Data > Connections, and to click on the 'Apps using this connection link'.

image.png

Alternatively, you could also do a similar thing using the PowerShell commands.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell#powerapps-cmdlets-for-adm...

kullurumanoj

Hi @timl ,

Thank you very much for the help. Can you please elaborate why Microsoft sql server connection will stop working when trial expires. As what I saw from PowerApps connectors doc.. Sql server connecter is a standard connector and it is free . 

Am I going in wrong way ?

Below are the connections that I am using . My all apps have sql server connector. I am happy to delink all connections except sql server connection.

Regards,

Manoj

Super User
Super User

Hi Manoj

I understand that this is confusing.

Yes, the SQL Server is a standard, free connector. However, the use of the on-premises gateway requires a P1 or P2 license. Therefore by extension of this rule, if you want to connect to an on-premise SQL Server through a gateway, you'll need a P1 or P2 license. 

If for example you were to connect to a SQL Server Azure database instead, this would not require a P1 or P2 license because this would not require the on-premises gateway.

Hope that makes a bit more sense for you!

View solution in original post

kullurumanoj

Hi @timl ,

Thanks for the info.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-Retirement-Blog/UPDATED-Updates-to-Microsoft-Flow-and-...

Customers with active users of these features will get an automatic extension until January 31, 2020 or the expiration of their existing Office 365 subscription term (whichever is longer).

Kea

Running in the same issue. I understand my gateway is not working anymore when my trial is expired. But how do i Purchase a P1 (or P2) license? And do I need only 1 license (just for me as the developer) or licenses for all users who are using my app?

Still confused about what to do, can anyone help?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Kea 

The licensing structure has changed. The P1/P2 licenses no longer exist.

We now need to license apps on a 'per app' or 'per user' basis. All users require a license, not just the developer.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,733)