cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmith
Level 8

PowerApps Limitations

Does anyone know if there are any limitations in PowerApps where you might have too many pages or connections? I am building out an app that will contain many connections to SharePoint lists along with many pages and I don't want to get too far into this to find out I ran into a limit.

The only thing I can think of right off the top of my head is that the more you add the longer it will take to load.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps Limitations

That's correct. Currently there are no hard limits to the number of pages or connections you have. The only hard limit we have is the 2000 row limit for non-delegatable queries.

The only issue you might run into is the time it takes for your app to load if you have many pages/controls. You can optimize the loading of your data by loading it only on the pages you need it instead of all at once on the first page. Also check out this blog post on performance to see how you can improve the speed of your app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

That's correct. Currently there are no hard limits to the number of pages or connections you have. The only hard limit we have is the 2000 row limit for non-delegatable queries.

The only issue you might run into is the time it takes for your app to load if you have many pages/controls. You can optimize the loading of your data by loading it only on the pages you need it instead of all at once on the first page. Also check out this blog post on performance to see how you can improve the speed of your app.

View solution in original post

vigneshk
Level: Powered On

We have a PowerApps based UI that uses a SharePoint Custom List as the datasource.  The list has 200 columns including 12 person or group columns and 12 multi-line text columns.  The list can grow to 10,000 rows a year.

We have some questions regarding powerapps- 

1. How many rows does PowerApps retrieve initially ?
  2. Is filter and sort when configured performed over the cached data or is this being performed in the SharePoint database ? If latter, will creating additional column indexes improve the performance ?
  3. How many columns can be included in the filter criteria ?
  4. Is there a best practice document that covers these topics specific to PowerApps and SharePoint custom list ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,701)