Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DeevyaAskoolum
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Model driven app- Add new data row based on condition

Hello, 

I have model driven app that has below forms mainly from two different entities: contacts and requests.

Form contacts contains the below fields:

1.Company name

2.Contact name

3.Contact email

4.Contact phone number

Form requests contains the below fields:

1.Request purpose

2.Request amount

3.Lookup field contacts 

The contacts entity has a one to many relationship with request entity.

The entity Contacts already has data loaded. 

My scenario is that users need to create request on the app, the request creation process requires users to input data on the request form.

My logic is users should select data from contact details lookup field and then fill up the remaining fields : Request purpose and Request amount.

But however in case a contact details is missing on the contact details lookup field, users can be allowed to create new Contact name, Contact email ,Contact phone number but while selecting an existing company name.

Can you please suggest/help how to proceed with this specific scenario where a contact details is missing on the contact details lookup field, Power Apps can allow to create new Contact name, Contact email ,Contact phone number but selecting an existing company name.

Thank you.

Regards,

Deevya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Model driven app- Add new data row based on condition

Hi @DeevyaAskoolum ,

Do you want to select from an existing list of company name when you create a new Concat in your Model-Driven app?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1. Go to CDS Entities list in your PowerApps, then select your Contact Entity.

2. Click Forms Tab, then edit your Contcat form.

3. Within the opening Edit form panel, uncheck the "Show Only unused fields" option, then drag the 'Company Name' field into the Contact Information section as below:

12.JPG

11.JPG

then click "Save" and "Publish" button in right top corner, to apply your changes to the Contact Form.

After that, when you create a new Contact record in your Model-Driven app again, then you could select from an existing list of company name as below:

13.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DeevyaAskoolum ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create a new contact within your Model-Driven app when you could select the contact from the contacts Lookup field?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the contacts Lookup field in Reuqests Form within your Model-Driven app could achieve your needs.

On your side, please consider enable the contacts Lookup field within your Request Form, then the Contacts LookUp field would be acted as a LookUp search box as below:

4.JPG

You could type search key within the LookUp field box to search the Contact, if the Contact is not existed, you could consider click "+ New Contact" option to create a new Contact.

Note: It is not necessary to add additional complex logic or Business Rule in your Model-Driven app to achieve your needs.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DeevyaAskoolum

Hello Kris Dai,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I highly appreciate your help.

Note that I have already enabled the contacts Lookup field within the Request Form. 

I am able to create to new contacts through the Request from

However my issue is that when creating a new contact, users should only be able to select from an existing list of company names(maybe a drop down selection that has already been loaded on the entity) in order to create new Contact name, Contact email ,Contact phone number as such continue with the request form completion.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Please let me know if this achievable on PowerApps. 

Regards,

Deevya

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DeevyaAskoolum ,

Do you want to select from an existing list of company name when you create a new Concat in your Model-Driven app?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1. Go to CDS Entities list in your PowerApps, then select your Contact Entity.

2. Click Forms Tab, then edit your Contcat form.

3. Within the opening Edit form panel, uncheck the "Show Only unused fields" option, then drag the 'Company Name' field into the Contact Information section as below:

12.JPG

11.JPG

then click "Save" and "Publish" button in right top corner, to apply your changes to the Contact Form.

After that, when you create a new Contact record in your Model-Driven app again, then you could select from an existing list of company name as below:

13.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

DeevyaAskoolum

Hello Kris Dai,

Thank you very much for your help ! This serves my requirement.

Regards,

Deevya

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,870)