cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngabougaifan
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Onedrive for Business Excel Datasource Update

Hi . my PowerApps is connected to an Excel file in Onedrive for Business, whenever there is new submission by users, the latest data does not appear when i click the "Refresh" button in Excel. It will only appear when I close the Excel file and reopen it...this is somewhat different from PowerApps connected to SharePoint whereby the Excel table exported from SharePoint could be show latest updated data by just clicking the Refresh button.. Anyone could advise please?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Onedrive for Business Excel Datasource Update

Hi @ngabougaifan,

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the "Refresh" button in Excel? Do you mean that the latest data could not be shown up when clicking the "Refresh"  button?

I could not reproduce your issue on my side currently, I think this issue is related to the real-time data update.

You could consider take a try to configure "Automatically refresh data at regular intervals" within your Excel file, please check the following article for more details:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/refresh-an-external-data-connection-in-excel-1524175f-777a-...

Please provide more details about your scenario, so we could provided a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ngabougaifan

My app is connected to an Excel table in Onedrive for Business..say when I open the Excel file and somebody submit a new entry, I would not be able to view the latest submitted data in the Excel file when I click the "Refresh All" button in Excel. But thing is different when my app is connected to a SharePoint List whereby I can view the updated table immediately when I click the "Refresh All" button in Excel.
Luke.JPG

Also another question is the "Date of work" column converted to DateTime by itself even though I did nothing to the column setting in Excel..I replaced the text input with a datepicker in PowerApps for "Date of work" field and only want to store the Date data but the time value appears magically by itself at the back..Do you know how to fix this?

Highlighted
Milleaintelsat

I have a similar issue. I removed and replace my Excel Datasource (saved OneDrive) for a Gallery lookup in my Canvas PowerApps. It never loads the complete file -- the most recent information that exists in my Excel does not show up in my gallery.  What can I do to get the most current, up to date, refreshed and COMPLETE file to show?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,334)