cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sam44
Level: Powered On

PowerApps, Planner task's description

I'm building canvas app with Planner connector.

I successfully created a task as below;

Planner.CreateTaskV2(Planid,Title,{bucketId:Sid, startDateTime:date , dueDateTime:date , assignments:userId})

But how I can write "Description" of tasks?

Based on the docs.microsoft.com, cannot find any explanation regarding "Description" part.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps, Planner task's description

Hi @Sam44 

The QuickTask demo app that @ToddBaginski demonstrates works on the same basis - it creates the task and updates the description afterwards.

But rather than update the task description immediately afterwards, the demo app updates the description on a timer, as shown in the screenshot beneath.

image.png  

In the example formula I gave above, the formula calls the Set function to store the newly created task in a variable called newTask. We can then retrieve the newly created id through "newTask.id" and this is what we refer to when we call UpdateTaskDetails.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sam44 

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to create a task with a description.

The workaround I would suggest is to add a new task, and to update it immediately afterwards with the description.

The formula you would use looks like this:

Set(newTask,
Planner.CreateTaskV2(Planid,Title,{bucketId:Sid, startDateTime:date , dueDateTime:date , assignments:userId})
);
Planner.UpdateTaskDetails(newTask.id, {description:"Here is my Task Description...."})

Hope that helps.

Sam44

Hi @timl 

Thanks for your help!

Good idea to update task immediately right after creating task but how we get "Id" to update the task without gallery or some?

I've checked this sample app : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2NMT74xUA but cannot find how he handle this since seems this app create task with description....

Any idea?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Sam44 

The QuickTask demo app that @ToddBaginski demonstrates works on the same basis - it creates the task and updates the description afterwards.

But rather than update the task description immediately afterwards, the demo app updates the description on a timer, as shown in the screenshot beneath.

image.png  

In the example formula I gave above, the formula calls the Set function to store the newly created task in a variable called newTask. We can then retrieve the newly created id through "newTask.id" and this is what we refer to when we call UpdateTaskDetails.

View solution in original post

Sam44

@timl,

Got it!! Now I understand why you put the statement within a Set formura!!

I really appriciate your help!!

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,927)