cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keval
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Portal is Default access is anonymous?

Hello,

I know that we can manage permissions on entity level and it is working but how to control default access level to whole portal. does it mean default is open to all and then you can control permissions on entity level?

Please guide how we can manager permissions on entire portal or page?

Thanks, Keval

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Portal is Default access is anonymous?

Hi @Keval ,

By managing permissions on entire portal, did you mean that you want some of your users not able to access PowerApps site? Are you using PowerApps for Office 365? Below are the Office 365 plans that include PowerApps for Office 365:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-for-office-365

For your question, you could refer to the answer to the question "Can I block users in my organization from signing up for PowerApps?" in below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/signup-question-and-answer

"

If your company wishes to restrict the use of organizational-only data inside of Microsoft PowerApps, that is possible through Data loss prevention (DLP) policies. For more details, See Data loss prevention (DLP) policies.

"

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Keval

Hello Mona,

Thanks for providing details regarding licesning and how end user gets access to portal.

But My question was regarding "PowerApps Portal" which is new feature and in preview mode. example if I create new "Portal" app then default sample portal which is created anonymously anyone can see so how we can restict that access? we can have permission per entity so only authenticated users can access but I am looking for more documention on how to handle overall access for that portal app.

Thanks, Keval

antonyS

Hi Keval,

I'm currently in the same position as you: need to restrict access or force anon to sign in to my "Portal". I didn't find a simple settings or button click to do it, so I had to do some Liquid code on the Portal Editor that basically hides my navigation profile if the user is a anon.

{% if user %}

{% assign primary_nav = weblinks["Default"] %}

{% else %}

{% assign primary_nav = weblinks["Footer"] %}

{%endif%}

I put this code on the homepage (Landing Page) just under

<div id="navbar" class="navbar-collapse collapse"> 

Now, while it works for me, I don't really reccomend this for people because ultimately this is a work around (since Portal is still in the preview). Might be a good thing to create an Idea for restrict access for Anon user.

(sorry for no screenshot of the code, my environment has expired and currently re doing my portal in a diffrent portal)

Regards,

Antony

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,911)