Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vidanaw
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Sahrepoint web part time issue

Hi All,

I have created a power app with date filed ( gallary item) reading from a SharePoint online list. Once I go to the list I can see the date display like dd/mm/yyyy. When I run the app on a mobile phone or through App Studio the date displays like October,20,2019. 

But when I open the app from a SharePoint page ( the app is embedded with powerapps web part) the date shows like 10/20/2019, I want to show either 20/10/2019 or October,20,2019. I have checked the SP site region all set up correctly. 

FYI - I patch the date filed to the list as follows

Patch(
'List1',
Defaults('List1'),
{
Date: dteDate.SelectedDate,Date: today()})

The issue happen in the gallery when the data reads back from the list.

How can I resolve this? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Sahrepoint web part time issue

Hi @Vidanaw ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

According to the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue related to the different Locale value you have set in your SP Site and your local PC.

Please go to your SP Site settings, then go to "Regional settings", then configure the Time zone value and Locale value as below:1.JPG

In addition, as an fixed solution, I think the Text function could achieve your needs. Within the Gallery in your app, set the Text property of the Label to following:

Text(DateColumn, "dd/mm/yyyy")

then the DateColumn from your SP list would be displayed in a specific format (e.g. 'dd/mm/yyyy') within your Gallery.

More details about the Text function, please check the following article:

Text function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Vidanaw ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

According to the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue related to the different Locale value you have set in your SP Site and your local PC.

Please go to your SP Site settings, then go to "Regional settings", then configure the Time zone value and Locale value as below:1.JPG

In addition, as an fixed solution, I think the Text function could achieve your needs. Within the Gallery in your app, set the Text property of the Label to following:

Text(DateColumn, "dd/mm/yyyy")

then the DateColumn from your SP list would be displayed in a specific format (e.g. 'dd/mm/yyyy') within your Gallery.

More details about the Text function, please check the following article:

Text function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Vidanaw
Level: Powered On

Thank you the Text option worked. I have already changed the site settings but didn't work till I do the Text option. 

Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 319 members 5,991 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: