cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianR
Level 10

PowerApps Service Reliability / Availablity (or lack thereof)

So I'm continually frustrated at the POOR availability and reliability of the PowerApps environment...  

Today was seeing random errors in an app accessing data that worked last week and there have been no changes.  Went in to try to debug and see that there are major service errors now that won't let me save an app, create a new one, or perform other admin duties.  

I did see the below status indicating that MS is working on the problem.  

2018-09-04 15:00:00 UTC - We're experiencing an issue with saving apps in multiple regions, due to an outage in a data center caused by flooding. We're working to restore this capability as soon as possible.

However, this is just one in a LONG line of issues that pop up all the time with PowerApps, whether it be with the core PowerApps service, its connectors, etc...  

While I do understand that Cloud services do experience errors from time to time, and this is the nature of the beast, it seems that Microsoft has poorly managed or underallocated resources to PowerApps (and I've seen this in the past with Flow too, though lately I haven't been using Flow as often).  

I can't see how this is something that can be in any way considered "production".  While this type of service outage might be expected from a startup, MS being one of the largest software companies in the world - this type of thing being common is entirely unacceptable.

I did see that "Quality, quality, quality" is on the roadmap for the October 2018 release.  I certainly hope this means availability, reliability, and performance will dramatically improve pretty quickly.l

Am very tired of the slowdowns throughout the day with the environment (especially in the development environment), random errors that appear out of nowhere and someone eventually magically disappear, changes in functionality that affect development and running without notice, etc.  

Microsoft - PLEASE allocate more resources both on the Azure side / network (if needed), and implement better redundancy, etc.  As well, please come up with better devops processes, as it seems that whatever is being done is wholely inadequate from what I've seen of the service reliability overall.  

Unless something is done dramatically fairly quickly, I'll be looking to choose another platform to move everything to longer term.  

There is no reason why this has to be this hard.  

Its amazing at how much productivity has been wasted due to these things....  

I will have to say that PowerApps is NOT a good case study to highlight to customers the stability of Azure...  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Re: PowerApps Service Reliability / Availablity (or lack thereof)

@BrianR I completely understand your concerns, and want to underscore that our committment to performance and reliability is the #1 priority of the Power Platform teams, with the majority of our resources committed to this above all other feature requests. We continue to scramble engineering during incidents like this, and follow-up post-incident by implementing change to prevent reoccurance. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you today. With the highest regard for your feedback, and appreciation for your patience as we work to resolve. Respectfully, 

Audrie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

@BrianR I completely understand your concerns, and want to underscore that our committment to performance and reliability is the #1 priority of the Power Platform teams, with the majority of our resources committed to this above all other feature requests. We continue to scramble engineering during incidents like this, and follow-up post-incident by implementing change to prevent reoccurance. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you today. With the highest regard for your feedback, and appreciation for your patience as we work to resolve. Respectfully, 

Audrie

View solution in original post

Cybersurfer411
Level: Powered On

I have to concur with what Brian is saying here. We are constantly facing app crashes and our IT teams are up most of the nights over the last week multiple times with Apps coming up with a "sad face" every few hours over the last one week!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Powerapps-Errors-Frowny-face-Datasource-not-f...

Is there any solution in site for these performance issues? or should we recommend our clients not consider this solution at all?!

We cannot have this maintenance nightmares and constant reboots/refreshes of the App.

Thanks.

DevelopAlways
Level: Powered On

STOP WITH THE B_LLSH_T RESPONSES! The performance and reliability s_cks! Still! Stop talking about new features for Common Data Services and spend time improving the core environment!

@Audrie-MSFT wrote:

@BrianRI completely understand your concerns, and want to underscore that our committment to performance and reliability is the #1 priority of the Power Platform teams, with the majority of our resources committed to this above all other feature requests. We continue to scramble engineering during incidents like this, and follow-up post-incident by implementing change to prevent reoccurance. 

Audrie

@Audrie-MSFT wrote:

@BrianRI completely understand your concerns, and want to underscore that our committment to performance and reliability is the #1 priority of the Power Platform teams, with the majority of our resources committed to this above all other feature requests. We continue to scramble engineering during incidents like this, and follow-up post-incident by implementing change to prevent reoccurance. 

Audrie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,624)