cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KalyanPolasi
Level: Powered On

PowerApps SharePoint O365 List Items timezone issue

I am having this issue with SharePoint list customized using PowerApps.

Few things to know about:

• My SharePoint regional settings are EST
  • User Local Settings are IST

Issue:

Our SharePoint list has DateTime column for the user to input date. So, when user picks time in IST on the customized form and saves it, SharePoint is again converting it to IST by thinking the submitted information is in EST. So, the time that gets saved on SharePoint is incorrect

E.g.,

• User selects 11AM IST on PowerApps customized form and submit.
  • It gets saved as 9:30PM IST. As I mentioned above it seems it is treating 11AM IST as 11AM EST and converting it to 9:30PM IST.

Interestingly, when I open the submitted item to read - it shows the 11AM on the PowerApps form. So, the problem is when we see the submitted Date value on SharePoint view.

Thanks,

Kalyan Polasi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: PowerApps SharePoint O365 List Items timezone issue

Thank you for posting in the community @KalyanPolasi. Please review the below response from another thread where a user was having a similar issue. Let me know if it helps! 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to local Time Zone and the Time Zone format of your SP Site.

I think the TimeZoneOffset function could not achieve your needs. The TimeZoneOffset function returns the number of minutes between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

If the users and you are in different time zone (e.g. the user is in EST, and you are in PST), even you and the end users enter same date time in Date Time field within your app, the display date time value in your SP list would also be different.

Currently, as an alternative solution, if you want the end users to see same date time value within your SP list, please ask them to convert their Time Zone format of their SP Site into the same one as you (converted into your local time zone).

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KalyanPolasi

Guys,

Did anyone got chance to look at this? Any directions please

KalyanPolasi

Guys,

Did anyone got chance to look at this? Any directions please

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thank you for posting in the community @KalyanPolasi. Please review the below response from another thread where a user was having a similar issue. Let me know if it helps! 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to local Time Zone and the Time Zone format of your SP Site.

I think the TimeZoneOffset function could not achieve your needs. The TimeZoneOffset function returns the number of minutes between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

If the users and you are in different time zone (e.g. the user is in EST, and you are in PST), even you and the end users enter same date time in Date Time field within your app, the display date time value in your SP list would also be different.

Currently, as an alternative solution, if you want the end users to see same date time value within your SP list, please ask them to convert their Time Zone format of their SP Site into the same one as you (converted into your local time zone).

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Check your time zone in SP. For some weird reason it can be different on each site AND on each list. This one has got me several times..super annoying!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,282)