cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjotsingh057
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Slow to Load

I tried to build a Power App for SharePoint List as well as SQL Server.

What i observed is the response is very slow. It's not smooth when loading data in data table.

By default it loads 500 items but in that also it takes time. Even clicking on button takes time to reflect and this happens when connected to data source. When you are not loading any data it works better. If you see the sample apps provided by microsoft, it works so smooth but in realty when connected to data sources like SharePoint or SQL it response time increases drastically and it adds to the users frustration. From my point of view, it's not user friendly at all. 

I check on desktop PowerApp and Mobile layout as well.

Anybody experience the same thing ?? How can this be improved ? Is there any best way to improve on this ?

12 REPLIES 12
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: PowerApps Slow to Load

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @manjotsingh057,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

There are many reasons that a app may be slow to load. The available reasons as below:

1. The app has a large number of controls/objects that directly reference on-line data sources.
2. Shaping expressions (i.e. Filter or Search) that contain clauses that require frequent server calls.
3. Shaping expressions that are not delegated.
4. Use of inherently slow data sources.
5. Network is not in good condition.
6. The data source has large number of records.

Please check if your app meets one or more reasons mentioned above.

In order to improve the app performance, please take a try to check the suggestions mentioned within the following blog (as @Meneghino mentioned):

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/13/powerapps-improving-app-performance/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
manjotsingh057

@v-xida-msft

Here are the answers to your queries!

1. It's just an app containing data table connected to SQL table. Approx. 20 field.

2. Yes it contains Search and Sort function but i am intially trying with 540 records only. When i show it in data table. It does not load after 200 records . It just show "Loading data" at the bottom but does not load untill and unless i click on refresh button. Data source here is SQL.

3. I am just using Search and Sort.

4. Data source here is SQL table.

5. Network is good.

6. Initially i am testing it with 540 records.

Thanks

Manjot 

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

hi @manjotsingh057 have you reviewed the blog presented by @Meneghino? Please let us know if that is a helpful resource. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Meneghino
Level 10

@manjotsingh057

do you know if your shaping expression is delegated?

manjotsingh057

@Meneghino@TopShelf-MSFT

Here is the case.

"In" operator not working when you are directly using SQL datasource and have more than 500 items.

So i used Collect function to load SQL data to collection and it's working fine.

Can you please confirm if "In" operator is not delagable ??

Meneghino
Level 10

As far as I know the 'in' operator is not yet delegable for SQL.

It will be much faster to create a view to deal with the 'in' operator on the server, rather than downloading all the data and then doing the shaping in the device memory.

You can even parametrise it using a stored procedure, like here:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2018/05/10/powerapps-concurrently-returning-variables-and-mult...

Meneghino
Level 10

deleted

manjotsingh057

@Meneghino

Ok.. But as per the documentation, It says it's delegable as in below screenshot from

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-list

Please confirm if this is in some different context or actually there is some error in documentation ??

Delegable.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,506)