cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ovetteabejuela
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Studio (Desktop) vs PowerApps Studio (Web)

Hi Community,

Is there a difference between the two? Which is better to use?

I have to ask this because Windows Store is blocked by IT and before I go through the hassle on trying to have unblock PowerApps from the store (or maybe add me to exceptions from downloading anything from windows store).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps Studio (Desktop) vs PowerApps Studio (Web)

We do not currently support installing from anywhere but the store. You should give the web experience a try, we are constantly working on improving it!

If you really need to use the desktop version you can possibly ask your IT department to investigate using a Microsoft Store for Business. This would allow them to control what apps from the store users can download and they can add PowerApps to that store.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

PowerApps Studio (Web) is still in preview so there may be so the client might be slightly more unstable or missing features. We are working hard to make sure that the web experience matches what you expect from the Windows desktop client.

ovetteabejuela

@ADobin,

Sounds like PowerBI. hahaha. Okay so PowerApps Studio Desktop is the way to go.

Is this ONLY available in Windows Store or is there an alternative way of installing it. It would be very helpful specially for situation which is the same as mine where IT has completely blocked Windows Store.

PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

We do not currently support installing from anywhere but the store. You should give the web experience a try, we are constantly working on improving it!

If you really need to use the desktop version you can possibly ask your IT department to investigate using a Microsoft Store for Business. This would allow them to control what apps from the store users can download and they can add PowerApps to that store.

View solution in original post

ovetteabejuela

Microsoft Store for Business I like this, I hope we do have this but thanks for suggesting that.

ovetteabejuela

@ADobin,

Sorry I have to come back to this, but does this mean we have Miscrosoft Store for Business in our organization?

MSStoreForBiz.PNG

PowerApps Staff ADobin
PowerApps Staff

Your IT department would have to enable the feature for you to be able to use it. The error you are seeing looks like you currently don't have it enabled, they would have to look into turning it on.

max81

@ADobin 

Is this statement still valid?

I'm using the web studio now for 3 month and in bigger apps it's often  really slow and you have to wait some time when you select something or change from one screen to another.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,726)