cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickBr
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Studio stucks on loading when editing the application

Hello, 

We are able to run the application, but not edit it on PowerApps Studio.

PowerApps studio stucks on loading forever, not opening the application.

Anyone facing the same issues when trying to edit an PowerApps application, that uses Sharepoint lists as a datasource?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps Studio stucks on loading when editing the application

The only time I have seen this is if I was modifying the list, more specifically in my case adding another column, and the save for the add was not completed. This caused the application to get stuck loading PowerApps Studio when trying to do the initial load on the data sources. Once I completed the save for the new column and then reopened, the load was successful.
Super User
Super User

I've seen this before.  There does seem to come a point where the internals of the App go bad.  I've seen signs leading up to it where all of a sudden the suggestion text in formulas no longer is displaying and then the formula bar gets "stuck" on one property (i.e. you click on another control and the property bar is still the property from the last control and you can't change it).

I haven't tried the "how do you get out of this mess" except to roll back to a prior version.  But most likely there was something bad that was going on that is probably still there.  

@LRVinNCso if your App got stuck loading, how did you then get in to add a column? Or are you referring to the column in your datasource?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User
Super User

@RandyHayes I was manipulating my SP list in a separate tab, outside of PowerApps.  I generally work that way, with a tab open to the lists (which are created within a Teams site) for reference. 

Super User
Super User

@LRVinNCI thought that might be the case.  Yep, I work like that too with the lists. Smiley Happy

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,006)