Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thakks
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Studio vs Web Feature comparison

Hey community

Just started to look into PowerApps again, yes had briefly looked created a PoC year back when Studio was only supported on Windows 8 OS.

I was wondering if its now possible to download studio on Windows 10 as it seems weird but i cannot find one! Also can someone advise some feature comparision between the web and studio, like what is missing on Web, again apology if that is bias but i am assuming Studio is client development tool and should have more feature than web. Please correct me if that is not the case.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps Studio vs Web Feature comparison

Hi Thanks,

The studio has been deprecated and all development of powerapps is now web based. If you try to use it for development you will be referred back to the web.If this answers your question please mark it solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi Thanks,

The studio has been deprecated and all development of powerapps is now web based. If you try to use it for development you will be referred back to the web.If this answers your question please mark it solved.

View solution in original post

Thakks
Level: Powered On

No wonder i was not able to find the download file for the studio. But surprisingly i cannot find this key information anywhere and have to post the question here. Thanks for your reply.

@Drrickryp is there any article documenting around studio depricated, so that i can point to that document when business user asked for one 🙂 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Thakks

Here's the link to blog post about this information.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-studio-for-the-web-is-generally-available-for-p...

---------------------

Quote from blog post......

Going forward, we’ll be deprecating the authoring capabilities of the PowerApps for Windows. The PowerApps Studio for Windows will still be available to download from the Windows Store and can be used to play apps.  The current studio authoring experience in the desktop app will be deprecated June 1st 2018.
With a large majority of our users preferring to use the web studio over the legacy PowerApps Studio for Windows, we will be focused on the web studio which allows us to innovate faster and makes sure every maker can always use the latest features.
Apps that you have already built can be edited in the web studio (https://web.powerapps.com).  If you currently use the Windows desktop authoring experience, try out the web studio, you will be surprised at the performance gains you will see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 238 members 5,234 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: