cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattyJ_09
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Timer Waiting to Start

I have a PowerApp that has a couple different screens.  Each screen has a Power BI visual on it.  I have the timer set to autostart of true.  The issue I'm running into is if the Power BI visual is loading the timer doesn't start.  We are running into an issue where the Power BI visual just pulses like it is attempting to load and never does so the timer never actually starts.  Does anyone have a way to force the timer to start even when the Power BI visual hasn't been loaded?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattyJ_09

Re: PowerApps Timer Waiting to Start

While the Power BI visual is loading the timer sits at 00:00:00.  Once it has loaded then the timer starts up but we do have issues with the visual never loading and the timer never starts.  But I have tested it on other devices and it works fine.  So I think we are going to use a different device instead since we might be running into spec issues. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

I would think that if you turned off the Autostart and instead set Start to a variable, then you could have your onVisible for that screen set it to true - I've also found that for best results you should set it to false and then set it to true rather than just setting it straight-out as true.

So,

Start =

StartTimerVariable

then on your onVisible:

Set(StartTimerVariable, false); Set(StartTimerVariable, true)

..and depending on whether or not your timer repeats or is a once-off, for a single-run timer set the onTimerEnd:
Set(WelcomeTimerStart, false)

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
MattyJ_09

This unfortunately didn't work but it after playing around with it I think it just may be the computer were running it on.  It is one of the low end Intel Compute Sticks and I'm starting to wonder if it is just freezing when loading the Power BI tile.  So I think we're going to rethink how we want to do this on our end.  But I do appreicate your response.  Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MattyJ_09 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Timer control would not start when the Power BI visual is loading?

Based the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Please take a try to run your app within other browsers or Mobile device, then check if the issue still exists.

In addition, also please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnVisible property of the corresponding screen (which contains the Timer control) in your app to following:

Set(IsStart, true)

Set the AutoStart property of the Timer control to following:

IsStart

Also please consider take a try to re-create a new app on your side, then check if the issue is solved. Please make sure your PC or Mobile device has enough RAM to run your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MattyJ_09

While the Power BI visual is loading the timer sits at 00:00:00.  Once it has loaded then the timer starts up but we do have issues with the visual never loading and the timer never starts.  But I have tested it on other devices and it works fine.  So I think we are going to use a different device instead since we might be running into spec issues. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,022)