cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicoliveira
Level: Powered On

PowerApps and DevOps connector

I'm working on a canvas PowerApp that I want to connect to Azure DevOps using PowerApps native DevOps connector.

1. When I bind a Gallery control to AzureDevOps connection I was expecting to see the available fields to choose from, which doesn't happen. Is this the normal behavior?

2. When I bind the Gallery items to a function like AzureDevOps.GetQueryResults(..... I get error icons on both the gallery control and gellery item title control. When I get help for the gallery error I get the error bellow

'AzureDevOps.GetQueryResults failed: { "status": 404, "message": "Page not found.\r\nAzure DevOps ActivityId: 806434d3-1f36-4824-b5b2-97b416fa3e07\r\nclientRequestId: 1b096ef2-7de1-4477-8707-caaed2305596", "source": "vsts-we.azconn-we-01.p.azurewebsites.net" }'.

In browser developer console there are some errors :

- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) graph.windows.net/ee137cc4-5d43-43cf-9da5-f75728b8d21f/users/<myuser>@<mydomain>/thumbnailPhoto?api-version=2013-11-08:1

- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) graph.windows.net/me/thumbnailPhoto?api-version=1.6:1 

- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () europe-002.azure-apim.net/invoke:1

When I use any of the links referred above as 'Failed to load resource' I get the authentication error message below:

<code>Authentication_MissingOrMalformed</code>
<message xml:lang="en">Access Token missing or malformed.</message>
</error>

Can someone advise on how to use the DevOps connector within PowerApps?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CliveEastwood

Re: PowerApps and DevOps connector

The issue you're experiencing is because PowerApps doesn't natively support the Azure DevOps connector. What you'll need to do is create a Flow which utilizes the Azure DevOps connector to perform the query. Using the PowerApps action, PowerApps Response and Ask in PowerApps, you can create a Flow you can then call from from your PowerApps (via screen onvisible, button etc) which returns the ADO query results. This you can then display in the gallery.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CliveEastwood

The issue you're experiencing is because PowerApps doesn't natively support the Azure DevOps connector. What you'll need to do is create a Flow which utilizes the Azure DevOps connector to perform the query. Using the PowerApps action, PowerApps Response and Ask in PowerApps, you can create a Flow you can then call from from your PowerApps (via screen onvisible, button etc) which returns the ADO query results. This you can then display in the gallery.

View solution in original post

vicoliveira

Hi and thank you for your quick answer. Microsoft is doing a nice job on comming out with new things but they should do a better job on documenting them ... based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/  where it says AzureDevops connector is supported on PowerApps (and we don't see any restrictions) it's reasonable to assume that the connector is supported to be used as any other connector. What would be of us if it wasn't the community knowledge ...

Thanks again Clive

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vicoliveira ,

About how PowerApps and DevOps work together, you could refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/build-tools-overview

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vicoliveira

Hi @v-monli-msft and thank you. I'm starting to work with PowerApps in a integration with external data sources context and any guidance is welcome.

Kind regards

Vicente

yhijazeen

Hi,

here is a relevant content to what you require, i have written an article about the connector.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/powerapps-azure-devops-connector-challenges-yazid-ziad-hijazeen

vicoliveira

Hi Yazid and thank you. I will for sure read your article. Meanwhile I've followed CliveEastwood suggestion (thanks again @CliveEastwood) and I'm using flows get the DevOps data I need, populating PowerApps collections with the retrieved data and using the collections as PowerApps data sources.

Best regards

Vicente

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,538)