Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IsaiahA
Level: Powered On

PowerApps and SQL Azure

Hi:

I would like to use SQL Azure for my PowerApps because I do not like CDS. I do not want to use SharePoint or Excel. I do subscribe to O365 E3 Plan. My problem is that SQL Azure subscription is so confusing. All that I need is something that I can pay for monthly, just like my O365 Plan. Would I be able to get that, if I subscribe separately to PoweApps Plan 2?

Thanks,

Isaiah A.

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: PowerApps and SQL Azure

Hi @IsaiahA ,

Do you want to know the license that contains the Azure SQL connector?

SQL Server is Premium connector, to use premium connectors users must be licensed with Standalone PowerApps or Power Automate licenses, not Office 365 license.

Currently, the PowerApps license plan has change to Per app plan and Per user plan. the previous Plan1 and Plan2 license cannot be subscribed since October 2019. 

The main different is between new license plan is the amount of Apps and price,  Per app plan can build and run two apps, a portal, however, Per user plan can build and run unlimited apps and portals. Both license plan are priced monthly and support SQL connector. 

Snipaste_2019-11-15_13-42-32.png

For more reference: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/. and the attachment is Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow Licensing Guide 

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,185)