cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blanghorst
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps caching views

I've found a couple of additional issues that I'm working to resolve.   I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask - is there any way to force a browser refresh on form submit?  I think that would resolve many of these issues.

Super User
Super User

@blanghorst 

You cannot refresh the browser but you can refresh a datasource

Refresh(your_datasource_name);

blanghorst
Level: Powered On

Yeah, I've got data source refreshes happening already.   I'll summarize my current issue:

1. User opens new form, completes fields, and submits.

2. User immediately opens new form, completes fields, and tries to submit again.  The submit doesn't happen - no errors, nothing.

I have the submit being fired off of a timer after the button click, as we were having performance issues which the timer resolved.  I found that the variables controlling the timer persisted across #1 and #2 above, so I set the timer variable to false in the OnVisible attribute and that resolved that issue.  Still troubleshooting why it isn't submitting the seccond time - I think that's the only issue remaining and I think I'll be able to resolve it.

I did think about possibly using Launch to launch the list view again on submit, but that could get out of hand really fast with a bunch of tabs.

If I had it to do over, I would've used canvas apps to build these 2 apps.

Super User
Super User

@blanghorst 

Agreed, Canvas apps seems like they they were the way to go here.  But you gotta build apps to learn lessons, right?  At least that's what happens for me...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,512)