cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
handi
Level: Powered On

PowerApps can't refresh from SharePoint online list?

I use PowerApps and connect to SharePoint online list .

if I updated data from SharePoint web, it can be sync to PowerApps correctly

if I add new data row from MS Access linked to SharePoint list, it will not be displayed on PowerApps.

if I updated data from Access, it will disappear from PowerApps...

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps can't refresh from SharePoint online list?

Hi @handi ,

Will the new data row added from MS Access show correctly in SharePoint list? Is it a standalone app created in PowerApps site or a custom Form created from SharePoint site?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
handi

@v-monli-msft wrote:

Hi @handi ,

Will the new data row added from MS Access show correctly in SharePoint list? Is it a standalone app created in PowerApps site or a custom Form created from SharePoint site?

Regards,

Mona

Yes, the updated data can be displayed on SharePoint web correctly , and we use standalone apps linked to SharePoine online list.

thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @handi ,

Have you tried to refresh the data source? You could use a button and set its OnSelect property to:

Refresh(DataSource)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
handi

@v-monli-msft wrote:

Hi @handi ,

Have you tried to refresh the data source? You could use a button and set its OnSelect property to:

Refresh(DataSource)

Regards,

Mona

yes, I tried to use this code to refresh. the data can be refreshed except rows updated from Access.

thanks

Ken3

Please, I have searched the entire web for a solution to updating sharepoint list into powerapp.

Can you guy please give a detailed description on how to:

1) If I already had a SharePoint List and already created an App for that list in PowerApps that is already running. 

how do I update "the App" columns anytime I change a column name in "SharePoint"? I am talking about intergrating the values. 

Can't PowerApp make it easier for already existing apps to intergrate changes from the SharePoint list? by just refreshing????

This is supposed to be auto. I see the update property but it does nothing. Please I need help with this. Even when I put in a new column in sharepoint it doesn't appear on the already exisiting app nor when I try to create a new app.

Please can some give a detailed description or refer me to a video for step by step guide??

leward

I have (had?) a similar problem which has been frustrating me for a few weeks, and for which I *think* I have just found a solution, although it feels like a bit of a hack...

I have a Screen which has a Form that is connected to a Sharepoint List (I'll call it List A), and at the bottom of the Form, I have a Table control whose data source is a collection which I have Collected from a *different* Sharepoint List (List B).  The user can add or remove rows to/from that table, which in the background changes my collection appropriately.  Then when the user clicks "Done" (which issues a SubmitForm();), the main part of the Form gets saved to List A, and then code in the Form's OnSuccess updates List B from my collection, and then navigates back to the calling Screen.  The updating of both List A and List B is working fine and shows up perfectly in Sharepoint, but if the user immediately chooses to re-edit the item again, I do a Refresh('List B'); ClearCollect(colListB,Filter('List B',ParentId=varParentId)); to re-acquire the values from List B, but now the collection (and the Table) has the set of values it had the first time rather than the updated values from List B.  I came to the conclusion that somehow the cached version of List B is not getting updated in time, despite my issuing the Refresh('List B') command.

During my debugging, one of the things I tried in order to find out what was going on in the background was to create a dummy Label on my Screen with the Text property set to CountRows(Filter('List B',ParentId=varParentId)), and when I did this, my collection suddenly started updating as it should.  So now I have my "fix" (I hope)... leave my dummy Label in place and make it invisible.

Perhaps this will help someone else... or if I'm way off base and there's a better solution, hopefully someone can set me straight.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,105)