cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjotsingh057
Level: Powered On

PowerApps data source issues

We created a PowerApp where user raises a request which goes through approval process. 

we have a dashboard screen where user should be able to see requests raised by them. 

Issue is User is not able to see any requests in dashboard where as if i raise a request through the app , i am able to see requests that i create but other users are not able to see.

Users are able to see the items in SharePoint List but not in PowerApp. They are not able to see any data in powerapp in any screen.

Dashboard has simple logic to filter out data where createdby.email = user().email.

User also has full permission in the list.

Anything we are missing here ?? 

2 REPLIES 2
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: PowerApps data source issues

Two things:

1) String comparisons are case sensitive, so make sure capitalisation is the same

2) User() function has performance issues

More on this here:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/08/29/powerapps-user-function-cache-current-user-onstart/

driverdo19
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps data source issues

Also make sure that the created Email is the same as the User().Email - you would expect this to be the same however I saw a customer if where this wasn't. They don't point to the same active directory field.

If this should be the case, you can retrieve the correct Email field for the user by using the Office 365 User Profile connector!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,665)