cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjotsingh057
Level: Powered On

PowerApps issue on Android

On PowerApps new / edit form, Drop down options don't show for fields at the bottom of the screen. Keypad hides drop down options. Experienced on android devices.

Is this PowerApps issue or Android issue ?

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps issue on Android

Hi @manjotsingh057,

I just tested with Andriod 7.0 and PowerApps 2.0.722 and I cannot reproduce your issue. I created the app using SharePoint list. Can you please try with another app? Also, see if your version is the same as mine.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
driverdo19

You should also include which device you are using, because I saw some devices interpreting the PowerApp differently (Huawei vs. Samsung). I thought these had both same android versions, but not sure...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi both,

I tested on Honour Note8 and it doesn't have this issue.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mizsei

I have the same issue. 

Device: Samsung galaxy S8

Android version: 8.0

I also tried to put a textfield below the dropdown, but a new bug appears. If I touch the dropdown, the list shows up, and disappears and than keyboard shows up. Sometimes the list doesn't disappear, but I try to scroll down to select the right item, the list disappears. 

That's why dropdown lists cannot be used in PowerApps. 😞

DanielaH
Level 8

Hello,

I have an Android 8.0 user who is experiencing issues whereby he clicks into a text field to add information, the keyboard appears and then closes itself. This is preventing him to add any information. The textfield is part of a flexible height gallery.

Are there any known issues with Android 8.0 and PowerApps?

DaveTansley

Nexus 5x, Android 8.1, Power Apps 3.18092.14

Did anyone solve this one? I have the same problem. The top half of a PowerApp works fine, but when I reach the lower half and click on a dropdown control, the keyboard pops up and obscures the dropdown options. If the keyboard is dismissed, the dropdown options disappear. If the form is scrolled down to put the dropdown higher on the screen, the control is moved back down to the keyboard with it pops up again.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create new blank app, portrait mode, iPad target

2) Connect to SharePoint list with a choice field

3) Position the choice field halfway down the form (I used an empty datacard to push it down)

4) Save and publish

5) Load app on Android phone

See attachment.

Breon

We've recently made some improvements to the Combobox's Flyout control which should address various Android keyboard-related issues. We hope to have these updates avalable in the new few weeks.

Cabrol

I am still having issues with the choice field combo box on Android. The date picker does not work that well either. Is the keyboard issue ever going to be fixed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 197 members 5,507 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: