cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydialysol
Level: Power Up

PowerApps not connected to Sharepoint

I cannot connect any PowerApps apps to Sharepoint. I can bring up PowerApps from the Waffle, create the app using a Sharepoint List but once done with the app cannot point my Sharepoint List to the Power App. My Sharepoint List doesn't have a View PowerApps, Create PowerApps, nothing.  Is it the way Sharepoint is set up?  If so, what needs to be changed?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eickhel
Level 8

Re: PowerApps not connected to Sharepoint

Hi,

Regarding this, there is some kind of PowerApps editions:

• Standalone PowerApps ( the one you created )
  • Sharepoint List PowerApps ( the one you need 🙂 )

In this case, you should see the option to create PowerApps besides the "Export to Excel" option:

2018-09-26_15-11-07.png

If you want integrated PowerApps in your list, you shoud select Customize forms.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eickhel
Level 8

Hi,

Regarding this, there is some kind of PowerApps editions:

• Standalone PowerApps ( the one you created )
  • Sharepoint List PowerApps ( the one you need 🙂 )

In this case, you should see the option to create PowerApps besides the "Export to Excel" option:

2018-09-26_15-11-07.png

If you want integrated PowerApps in your list, you shoud select Customize forms.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @lydialysol,

I'm a little confused by your problem.  If you go to Web.Powerapps.Com on you browser, you should be able to sign in.  The home screen should look something like the picture.  In the column on the left, select Apps, then select Connections.  If your Sharepoint connection is not listed, look for the magnifying glass symbol in the upper right hand side of the page.  Type in Sharepoint and then select it.  It will take you through the process of creating the connection.  Once you have a connection, you can create an app from data and use the Sharepoint connector to select which list you want to use as the datasource for the app.   Once you pick one, Powerapps will create a nifty app from your data in about 20 seconds.  You will be able to modify various properties and controls to see how they work. Good luck!

lydialysol
Level: Power Up

It is a licensing issue.  My company doesn't have the full meal deal and won't until first quarter of next year.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,627 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: