cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmilRose
Level: Powered On

PowerApps on CRM data: Filtering one combobox wth another combobox' value

Hi,

I am building an app used for timeregistration. Timeregistration is a custom entity in my CRM system.

I have a new timeregistration form and on this i have 3 combobox controls. One is a lookup to account, the next is a lookup to projects (another custom entity) and the 3rd is a lookup to projectactivity (3rd custom entity). What I would like to achieve is this.

Account lookup should have no filter

Project lookup should be filtered on projects that are associated with the account

Project activity should be filtered on project activities that are associated with the project.

So far I've tried this on the project lookup combobox:

Items = Filter(Choices(Timeregistrations.new_Project), DataCardValue11.Selected.accountname exactin 'Project (new_Project)'.'customer (new_customer)'.accountname)

There doesn't seem to be any errors in the formula but when i press the chevron i get no items in the combobox. Same with searching. Another thing that I've noticed that I find weird is that when i highlight the control it says "combobox" at the right side. But in the tree structure to the left it just says datacardvalue10 for an example. No idea if that means anything

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: PowerApps on CRM data: Filtering one combobox wth another combobox' value

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,068)