cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEARN_IT
Level: Powered On

PowerApps per app plan

Hello, We upgrade our power-apps licensing to PowerApps per app plan (10 apps)  and we don't know what to do next. We have a few apps that have premium connectors but we don't how to assign to license to these apps. Can someone help please and give us  introductions  or explanation how to use this. I know there is Portal site and Should be an admin portal where you can manage those apps or licenses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps per app plan

Hi @LEARN_IT ,

Per app plan is $10/user/app/month, since you said that you have 10 apps, I assume that you have bought 10 this licenses. Then you can have 10 PowerApps user accounts and each user can create two apps and can have a single portal. That is to say there can be 10 portals totally.

Here is an image of PowerApps Portals licensing details:

142f038bff346fe7f123f9c650c3fb8bb1e497acefd92235972ad91549c36e8c.png

And here is the documentation about what is Portal in PowerApps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/overview

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@LEARN_IT 

per app plan license is per app/ per user

The license will be assigned to the users

Each user who has the per app plan license assigned, can work with 2 apps and 1 portal all of which can use premium connectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

LEARN_IT

Hi,

We are about 555 users and want to buy per app plan so that we don't have to pay per users. So, you are saying we have to buy licensing for all users. We only want to buy per app and not per user. Any recommendation?

Thanks,

LEARN IT

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LEARN_IT 

There are only 2 license options available

per user plan - which gives 1 user unlimited access to all apps which use premium connectors

per app per user plan - which gives 1 user access to 2 apps and 1 portal which uses premium connectors

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The per App plan is indeed per app/per user/per month.  So if all your users are using all 10 apps then it would be cheaper and easier to just buy the per user plan at $40 per user /per month.

Per App licenses are assigned in the Power Platform portal.  You can read the instructions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/capacity-add-on

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
LEARN_IT

Hi, when you met 1 portal for all? meaning 1 portal for the entire organization that use all connectors?

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I'm not sure what you are asking.  PowerApps portal licensing for internal users is included with both the per App and per User license.  External users of the portal are licensed out of a login capacity pool.  Having 1 portal for the entire organization would still require per App or per user licenses for everyone in the organization and the perApp license only covers 1 portal per license with up to two associated apps.  If you have 10 apps its still cheaper to buy per user licenses.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LEARN_IT ,

Per app plan is $10/user/app/month, since you said that you have 10 apps, I assume that you have bought 10 this licenses. Then you can have 10 PowerApps user accounts and each user can create two apps and can have a single portal. That is to say there can be 10 portals totally.

Here is an image of PowerApps Portals licensing details:

142f038bff346fe7f123f9c650c3fb8bb1e497acefd92235972ad91549c36e8c.png

And here is the documentation about what is Portal in PowerApps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/overview

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,759)