cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PolinaLaz
Level: Powered On

PowerApps shows only URL but not image in detailscreen layout

Hello,

Could you please help me to understand how it is possible to see the image not URL link in the detailcsreen layout.

I'm trying to create a small app for the customer and i have in aSharePoint a list of products.

In the browsescreen i was able to chose a layout with thumbnail imag but on a detailscreen layout i don't have this option and i'm able to see only product URL. Please find below the screenshot.

I have another issue with the camera tool it isn't working.

I need to take a new picture and add the information about it.

In the tutorials it is writen to add a Camera control, name it MyCamera, and set its OnSelect property to this formula:
Collect(MyPix, MyCamera.Photo) and then set the Items property of the Image gallery control to this expression:
MyPix. Unfortunately doesn't work.

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks

Polina

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps shows only URL but not image in detailscreen layout

Hi PolinaLaz,

How is the Image column configured in your list? Do you format URL as Hyperlink or Picture?

Per my test, if you configure the Image column as Hyperlink, it will show the link on the app. While if you configure the Image column as Picture, it will show the image on the app.

So please try to Format URL as Picture to try again with this issue.

1.png

About the Camera control, I try the steps on this tutorials, and it just works fine. I can save the images to a Collection and show them on a Gallery control.

Please try the steps again according to this documentation on a blank app, hope you could make it done.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-camera/

However, I have to say that currently save pictures from PowerApps to SharePoint has not been supported yet. So if you want to save the photos to SharePoint list, it will not be possible.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 240 members 5,400 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: