Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paula
Level: Powered On

PowerApps with MySql

Hi All, I am quite new to PowerApps so I may be missing something small here,

I am using a MySQL connector with PowerApps, and have created a blank Edit Form. From this I connected it to my data source and  have then selected one of the fields and imported it to my form.

However when I run the app in simulation mode or via the App I am unable to type into the text box (Value Card) even though I have it set to edit.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps with MySql

@Paula,

Set the default mode of the form to New. If the form mode is Edit there must be a reference to a specific record in the Item property of the form. It typically refers to an item in a gallery or datatable and ha s syntax like Gallery1.Selected

Forms are Either used to create a new record or edit an existing one. The item property is ignored for new records. In the latter case the form is usually paired to another control that selects a single record from the same datasource as the Form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Paula,

Set the default mode of the form to New. If the form mode is Edit there must be a reference to a specific record in the Item property of the form. It typically refers to an item in a gallery or datatable and ha s syntax like Gallery1.Selected

Forms are Either used to create a new record or edit an existing one. The item property is ignored for new records. In the latter case the form is usually paired to another control that selects a single record from the same datasource as the Form.

View solution in original post

Paula
Level: Powered On

Thank you, this seems to have fixed my issue.

I didnt realise this was the difference between the forms so thank you for clarifying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 252 members 5,349 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: