cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnguy71
Level 8

PowerBIIntegration record limit 1000?

Good afternoon, everyone!

I didn't realize that PowerBI Integration has a limit of 1000 records, or it's only showing me up to 1000.

EDIT: Seems like my gallery can view all my records imported from PowerBI but my collection still states that I only have 1000 records in them. Can someone explain?

gallery_has_everything.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerBIIntegration record limit 1000?

@hnguy71 

Sounds like you got it working from your last statement.  

Yes, there WAS a big problem yesterday with the latest version of PowerApps in regard to Gallery Items.  

Hopefully this is fixed now....and hopefully will not return in another release.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hnguy71 ,

Could you show me your formula about creating collection?

Under normal circumstances, the collction has a limit of 2000 records.

So please check whether you have delegation warning and the setting of your non-delegable limit.

I guess that maybe you set the non-delegable limit to 1000 and using non-delegable functions.

If so, I recommend you:

1)Modify the formula appropriately

Here's a doc for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

2)change the non-delegable limit to 2000

You could change it here:  File->Advanced settings->non-delegable limit520_LI.jpg

3) save the recond to collections by every 2000 records

Collect(ds1,datasource); //Collects the first 2000 items

Collect(ds2,FirstN(Sort(datasource,Descending),100)); //Collects the rest of the items

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/ClearCollect-for-more-than-2000-records/td-p/...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

I can share my setup with you. Here I've pre-set the delegation to it's maximum limit of 2000.
delegation_2000.png
Following that, I create a method to generate a table that shows the amount of iterations required to collect all my records:
onvisible.png

My method above works flawlessly for SharePoint records and I'm trying to replicate it to PowerBI. From the image below, you can see it takes three iterations to retrieve all my records:
iterations.png
And finally, I'm doing a check by creating a label to count the number of rows currently in my collection:
countrows.png
My gallery sucessfully shows all my records, however, my collection count only shows 1000.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hnguy71 ,

There are some Limitations of the PowerApps custom visual for powerBi

Please check whether these limitations affect your formula:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @v-yutliu-msft@RandyHayes , @v-xida-msft 

Maybe someone can help me with this issue. I took a vacation and just returned to find out that my current app project is broken. Did PowerApps / PowerBI Integration change recently? I have a button that patches two galleries to two SharePoint lists using an OnSelect property:

ForAll(g_HighLevel.AllItems, Patch(Level1_BSN, Defaults(Level1_BSN), {GM: GM, PL: PL, Module: Module, SL_Balance: SL, TB_Balance: TB, Difference: Difference, ERP: ERP, Year_Quarter: 'Quarter-Year'}));

ForAll(g_Detail.AllItems, Patch(Level2_BSN, Defaults(Level2_BSN), {GM: GM, PL: PL, Module: Module, SL_Balance: SL, TB_Balance: TB, Difference: Difference, ERP: ERP, Year_Quarter: 'Quarter-Year'}))

I'm experiencing two issues:

1. List 1 populates all entries, however, only the first 5-28 entries are successfully created while the rest are just blanks. (image below)
2. List 2 does not get triggered to record entries to SharePoint.

Records_Written.png

Side note: On my first and 3rd post, I was able to retrieve all records through different iterations even though it's not visually there. However, I noticed that now I'm only to retrieve a maximum of 1000 records.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: RIGHT AFTER I POSTED POWERAPPS DECIDED TO WORK PROPERLY AGAIN.... I'M ABLE TO PULL IN ALL MY INFO NOW.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hnguy71 ,

I'm afraid there's no Official document about PowerBIIntegration record limit.

There has been some problems about dynamically getting value in one specific version PowerApps.

Try the latest version of PowerApps and recreate the app.

Best regards,

Super User
Super User

@hnguy71 

Sounds like you got it working from your last statement.  

Yes, there WAS a big problem yesterday with the latest version of PowerApps in regard to Gallery Items.  

Hopefully this is fixed now....and hopefully will not return in another release.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
NMCLEOD
Level: Powered On

After some help from @Audrie-MSFT I raised a ticket with Microsoft back in January on this very subject.  After spending some time with the tech guys proving that I wasn't mad they confirmed the 1000 record limit, and I got it in writing:

1000records.jpg

hnguy71
Level 8

Yep. Sad news. I really think they should raise it up to 5000.

In a better note though, if you're exporting that data elsewhere it's possible to create iterations and have all your data displayed elsewhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 360 members 5,834 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: