cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerUsers Forum broken????

@jknudson 

Most of the solved questions showing a warning can be viewed using the Google Cache.  Suggest you check that out.

Untitled.png

Super User
Super User

What about when it's not cached? The second link in my message above is a good example it shows on webcrawl but you can't visit it any longer and there's no cache. Also the crawl details are now obscured as well - post was from Jun22 this year. There's loads of others I can dig up if needed.

image.png

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

@iAm_ManCat 

My next suggestion would be to check the cache for a different search engine than Google?  Wait a minute...  There are other search engines?  That's a joke, lol.

I was able to find a cached version of the page on Bing.com.  If you put the URL in the Bing search bar it will be the 1st result and you can just use their cache instead.

Here's what I found for your link.  The post title is not the same but I believe it is the same post because of the common ID# 197731.

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=https%3a%2f%2fpowerusers.microsoft.com%2ft5%2fCreating-Apps%2fSimpl...

Please let me know if this method works for you Cat Happy

Super User
Super User

Oh, yeah I did search in Bing, that's where my screenshot is from, I used google afterwards to double-check their cache.

The link is dead.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/Delegation-warning-This-part-quot-Filte...

..and if you search it, it's uncached.

The post was written by VipulSharma, who I mentioned above - you can see that three posts were written by them, but if you navigate into their profile, they are all gone, the posts were part of the Expressions and Formulas forum before the change. 

The link you provided is to another cached item, but unfortunately not the one we are looking for Cat Surprised

*EDIT - didn't include both screenshots in previous post:
Bing:

image.png

google:

image.png

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

@iAm_ManCat 

Darn it, I really thought we had a solution there.  It really sucks that we lost all of those old posts.  The forum is such a good knowledgebase but I also that we rebuilding it with each new post now.

Also, I enjoy that we both using cat emoticons!  Cat Wink Cat Tongue Cat Surprised

Super User
Super User

We should also be looking at this issue from the point of a citizen developer - someone who is not experienced and not entirely computer-savvy - they will likely not even know what cached pages from the last crawl are, nevermind where to find them.

Your 'standard' user will just click the link, see its broken and then raise the same question again by creating a new post.

These items were working prior to the re-design of the forums, and some have since been resolved, but there are still many pages with these dead links that previously had valid information for users to search through

Super User
Super User

@iAm_ManCat 

Yes, I agree 100%.  The citizen developer will just walk-away from using PowerApps if they keep on seeing dead links.  Its a big problem IMHO.

Highlighted
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Super User
Super User

Thank you! My original link works again now 😻

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,030)