cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RaihanShafique
Level: Powered On

Powerapp Flow item list is overflowing and first few lines not visible

I have added a flow in my PowerApps. The flow is expecting a lot of input data from the App. When I am trying to put the expected values inside the run command of the flow - the expected name of the values in the flow that is shown automatically above by PowerApps are overflowing and I cannot see the first few lines.

Please see the example below:

powerapps issue.png

Please see the red marked area. When I use the scroll bar on the right side of it, it only allows me to scroll down, but scrolling up does not help in viewing the first few lines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapp Flow item list is overflowing and first few lines not visible

Hi @RaihanShafique ,

If your prompt message is too much to display , you will meet this problem indeed.

I suggest you modify your formula to a few steps. Then the prompt message will be less.

About your advice on showing all the prompt message,

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
leyburn19
Level 10

My advice would be to look at why you need that many arguments.  It looks to me like you have one for every box on your screen  which is basically set like a table. 

If that is correct I would just create a table or gallery based on a collection that suits your list.  I would have one set of boxes to match on the top with an add button.  Each time you add it puts the result in a collection.

At the end of that you may not need a flow,  but a simple forall() that patches the collection to whereever it needs to go

RaihanShafique

Well, I need to use flow as I use the flow to take approvals as well as to write the resulting approval status and comments along with these details in the database. 

I raised this issue to show the design flaw, MS needs to address this issue of the visibility.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RaihanShafique ,

If your prompt message is too much to display , you will meet this problem indeed.

I suggest you modify your formula to a few steps. Then the prompt message will be less.

About your advice on showing all the prompt message,

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

RaihanShafique

Thank you for your feedback. This worked.

I reduced number of items in the flow, then the items list was visible entirely. Then I kept a screenshot of it to remember what were the items in the top lines.

Then I added all the items back in my flow and finally was able to pass all required fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,541)