cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTape
Level: Powered On

Powerapps HTML to CSV UTF-8

I have made a CSV file with Powerapps and Flow the following way. 

In Powerapps I have made a gallery where I filter out a set of projects. These projects are going to be imported into our accounting system as a CSV file. 

To make the CSV file I have a HTML controller that gets the data from the gallery with the Concat function. 

I have made a simple "create a file" in Flow that gets the filename and content (from HTML controller) from Powerapps. 

The file is generated and import to the accounting system works fine... until special characters occurs. (I live in Norway, so common letters like æ, ø and å are getting messed up. 

If I open the file in Notepad, choose Save As, it says UTF-8 format as the default, and save it, special characters are good. What I have read, the file is created as unicode as default(?)

So my multi-billion dollar question is how do I get Powerapps or Flow to make the file as UTF-8 as standard so I don't have to open and save the file as UTF-8 to get it to work?

Turbo-Tape

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps HTML to CSV UTF-8

Hi @TurboTape ,

Do you want to create a csv file by flow and encode it to the utf8 format at the same time?

I'm afraid it's not supported to make it currently.

The format of created csv file can not be encoded in flow.

I suggest you post your idea here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Give-Feedback-Share-Ideas/ct-p/FL_Comm_Ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps HTML to CSV UTF-8

Hi @TurboTape ,

Do you want to create a csv file by flow and encode it to the utf8 format at the same time?

I'm afraid it's not supported to make it currently.

The format of created csv file can not be encoded in flow.

I suggest you post your idea here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Give-Feedback-Share-Ideas/ct-p/FL_Comm_Ideas

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 293 members 5,506 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: