cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kannankarmegam
Level: Powered On

Powerapps License for Creating Apps in Office 365

We have an Office 365 E5 subscription and I want to build an Powerapps Canvas app (Tablet) using a SharePoint List (Events). What license is required for the user to view the powerapps? In this article it is mentioned that Powerapps for Office 365 will allow you to run Canvas apps in the context of Office 365. Does it mean the app hosted inside SharePoint will run without any licensing issue? Will they be presented with Powerapps sign-in page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#licenses

Do I need to enable this option so that user can access the form? 

powerappslicense.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapps License for Creating Apps in Office 365

@kannankarmegam 

Yes, you will have the ability to run, create and more, PowerApps under an Office 365 license.

There are some limitations to the license and these include things like connecting to On-Premise Data Gateways, Custom Connectors, CDS access and a few other items.

You can find more details on the Office 365 PowerApps license here at this link.

Other than that, it's a pretty tightly connected experience.  No additional logins required as it is tied to their Office 365 account and license.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapps License for Creating Apps in Office 365

@kannankarmegam 

Yes, you will have the ability to run, create and more, PowerApps under an Office 365 license.

There are some limitations to the license and these include things like connecting to On-Premise Data Gateways, Custom Connectors, CDS access and a few other items.

You can find more details on the Office 365 PowerApps license here at this link.

Other than that, it's a pretty tightly connected experience.  No additional logins required as it is tied to their Office 365 account and license.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,651)