cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechQuila
Level: Power Up

Powerapps Studio (Desktop) crashes on startup

hi all, my PowerApps Studio Desktop app keeps crashign when opening an app for editing, tried various hacks as below:

* Logging out and logging in to PowerApps
* Trying to open it on browsers (both Edge and Chrome Incognito), but it does not allow me to design the app on a browser if I have PowerApps installed on my machine (which is not good, and should be changed)
* Restarted the machine
* Changed environment

What is more frustrating is that there are absolutely no details on the error in the eventvwr:

App <App> terminated itself by calling terminateApp API. App details are as follows: Display Name:<PowerApps>, AppUserModelId: <Microsoft.MSApps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App> Package Identity:<Microsoft.MSApps_2.0.690.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe> PID:<18632>. The API was called from the context of the following HTML document: </default.html>. Error object passed to terminateApp carried the following details Description:<>, and Stack Trace:-

Latest Session-ID : 0be5cc95-30ca-20ec-33e6-ae5542669c34

Does PowerApps provide versioning? Is there a previous version of the app that I can revert this to, and at least continue with development? This is really frustrating, and I have not been able to work on this app since yesterday morning.

What is absolutely unacceptable is that I also tried to raise a Support Ticket for MS team to look into this, and I could not do this, got the exception - Error submitting request. Try again shortly.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps Studio (Desktop) crashes on startup

Hi TechQuila,

What’s your current situation? Are you still having the issue?

What’s the OS on your side?

Do all your apps crash when you edit them or only a special one?

You could open an app on Web player though you have installed PowerApps studio on your machine. Please go to powerapps.com, after you login, select the environment, then under Apps, you could choose to edit the app on the Web or in studio. Please check this doc for a reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/create-app-browser/

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the PowerApps studio to see if it will work.

Yes, we could restore apps to a previous version. Please check this doc for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/restore-an-app/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,545)