cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Powerapps Studio for Windows changes all semicolons to two commas

Hi, like the subject says, Powerapps Studio changes all semicolons of all formulas which contains semicolons to two commas. The app was originally made by the web version. Then I needed to add Flow actions to a button. Since the web version STILL does not support this, so I had to do it by using the Store version. But after saving the changes, I reopened the app with the web versions

, then I see every screens have an exclamation mark on it. I clicked on one of them, which shows the formula with the changes ( ; -> ,, ). Is there a solution for this? And will the Flow actions be available for the web version for the foreseeable future? So I don't have to use the Store version anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Powerapps Studio for Windows changes all semicolons to two commas

I think I have solved the problem. I have changed the Windows locale settings to English (United States), reinstall PowerApps Studio, and the problem is gone. Keyword is REINSTALL the app, because only changing the locale settings does not work. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction Andy!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

Do you mean two semi-colons? This depends on the locale you are running PowerApps in.

The expression syntax changes depending on whether decimal points use period or comma. See https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/global-apps/ , specifically "Formula separators and chaining operators". 

It sounds like your OS locale (which is what Studio uses) is different to the locale your browser is set to (which is what the web version uses). Documents are interchangable between locales, they are adapted at load time, and saved in invariant form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I really mean commas. You can check the attached screenshot.

It happens when I open the app in Google Chrome and Edge.

I have played with the Windows locale settings, but the result is the same.

powerapps.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have solved the problem. I have changed the Windows locale settings to English (United States), reinstall PowerApps Studio, and the problem is gone. Keyword is REINSTALL the app, because only changing the locale settings does not work. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction Andy!

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff

The double-commas are not expected. What were the locale settings before you switched them to English(US)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

The locale settings was actually English(US), but I've changed the decimal symbol to "," and digit group symbol to "." to match my local settings (Belgium).

PowerApps Staff

We have just discovered a bug whereby under certain conditions, rules can be corrupted with double commas or double semi-colons when their locales to not require it. This will be corrected in a subsequent release.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 197 members 4,512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: