Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rockonron
Level: Powered On

Powerapps - Working with lists greater than 500 items

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out what i am doing wrong in my App. I am importing a list greater than 500 tiems and getting the blue line error "Part of this formala cannot be evaluated remotely ****". I have discovered on this forum this is to help maintain performance on an app, and any data source should be filtered to less than 500 items.

I have done this using the formula below attached to the items section of a gallary.

Filter(Sort('Workflow Tasks'|ID|Descending)|Modified>Date(2017|08|01) && AssignedTo.DisplayName=User().FullName)

In the Gallary this returns 1 item, which is correct. however i am still getting the blue line notification, see below.

Capture.JPG

Perhaps i am filtering this data source in the wrong location, do we need to filter at the start point or maybe via a collection.

The data source is a Sharepoint list.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Ronan

1 REPLY 1
Marek
Level: Powered On

Re: Powerapps - Working with lists greater than 500 items

hi

sorry about that:

SharePoint can be Filter with "StartsWith" and "="

These "operands" can be used with "&&" and "||"  (and / or statements)

Table for data sources and delegation

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/delegation-list/

(just technicaly from my experience, its is limitation both PowerApps and SharePoint .. (because on sharepoint yes it is possible to call CAML query with > and <.. but via another technology, not PowerApps)

I read again your usage and I would do:

• ClientSide: DownLoad for example all data from sharepoint and order by dateTime using SortByColumns ... then i would run localy RemoveIf on collection to delete records with older date then 2017.08.01 (wrong format sorry)
  • ServerSide: adjust server side ... add workflow on sharepoint online with "If field Date >= 2017.08.01" set "FilterColumn1" to 1 ... and now, yes it is possible to make Filter with (FilterColumn=1) which allow user to download data via delegation (serverSide execution, just results are retrieveing via network)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,904)