cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SDonaghy
Level: Powered On

Powerapps attachment showing but not being sent in form

I have an application in which the user selects a "Pending Review" from a list in a combobox. The application then auto fills the information in the form, including the attachment that was a part of the list item. 

In the app, the user simply selects a "pending review" to confirm, the form gets autofilled, then upon clicking confirm it adds the data to the new list of "Confirmed Reviews"

The issue im running into is the form seems to get auto filled correctly, and i am able to see the attachment in the form (as seen in image attached below), but when the form is submitted the review isnt sent when everything else is.

I can manually add the attachment and it will be sent but the attachment added from a variable grabbed from the combobox list item will not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps attachment showing but not being sent in form

Hi @SDonaghy ,

How do you auto-fill the Edit form based on the value selected within the ComboBox? Could you please share a bit more about the formula?

Does the Edir form connect to your new "Confirmed Reviews" List? Do you set up a variable to store the attachments value from the record (find this record based on the selected value within the ComboBox) in your original SP List?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently. Currently, within PowerApps, you could only manually attach files within the Attachments control to upload to your SP List. Binding the Attachments to a variable (contains Attachments data) is not supported to upload files back to SP List.

As an alternative solution, I think the combination of Microsoft Flow (Power Automate) and PowerApps could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:

1.JPG

2.JPG

App's configuration as below:

3.JPG

Set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

'PowerApp->OriginalListItemID,NewSubmittedListItemID,Getat...'.Run(First('20190816_case6').ID, Form1.LastSubmit.ID);
ResetForm(Form1)

On your side, you may type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(
                    LookUp('Your Original List', FilteredColumn = ComboBox.Selected.Value, ID), // Find the List Items ID of the record from your Original List based on the selected value within the ComboBox 
                    EditForm1.LastSubmit.ID
);
ResetForm(Form1)

Please take a try with above solution, check if it could help in your scenario.

Note: When you use above alternative solution, it is not necessary to enable the Attachments field within the Edit form, instead, the flow could this needs.

More details about firing a flow from a PowerApps app, please check the following article or video:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl9AtxWdkg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SDonaghy ,

How do you auto-fill the Edit form based on the value selected within the ComboBox? Could you please share a bit more about the formula?

Does the Edir form connect to your new "Confirmed Reviews" List? Do you set up a variable to store the attachments value from the record (find this record based on the selected value within the ComboBox) in your original SP List?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently. Currently, within PowerApps, you could only manually attach files within the Attachments control to upload to your SP List. Binding the Attachments to a variable (contains Attachments data) is not supported to upload files back to SP List.

As an alternative solution, I think the combination of Microsoft Flow (Power Automate) and PowerApps could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:

1.JPG

2.JPG

App's configuration as below:

3.JPG

Set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

'PowerApp->OriginalListItemID,NewSubmittedListItemID,Getat...'.Run(First('20190816_case6').ID, Form1.LastSubmit.ID);
ResetForm(Form1)

On your side, you may type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(
                    LookUp('Your Original List', FilteredColumn = ComboBox.Selected.Value, ID), // Find the List Items ID of the record from your Original List based on the selected value within the ComboBox 
                    EditForm1.LastSubmit.ID
);
ResetForm(Form1)

Please take a try with above solution, check if it could help in your scenario.

Note: When you use above alternative solution, it is not necessary to enable the Attachments field within the Edit form, instead, the flow could this needs.

More details about firing a flow from a PowerApps app, please check the following article or video:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl9AtxWdkg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

SDonaghy
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much, the flow worked perfectly for what i was trying to do!

Gray1985
Level: Power Up

Greetings,

Can you please help. I wants to send an e-mail the hyperlink after many any changes/update made in PowerApps form.
The way,
Create send an email button in the form that takes to the power app email template. Where I can see the hyperlink to form to send.

In the form: link to item is DataCardValue41.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,754)