cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pachi
Level: Powered On

Powerapps: cannot create nested gallery anymore

Dear all,

I met the below issue while customizing a Sharepoint list form via Powerapps.

I have a gallery (called Gallery1) and I would like to nest another gallery in it. To do so, as ususal, i tried the below steps:

- I selected a component already within the Gallery1 (e.g. a text label)   

- I clicked on Insert > Gallery

- I expected that gallery was inserted within Gallery1, but instead it was created indipendently (with no relationship with Gallery1).

I have always perfomed the above steps to successfully nest a gallery within another in the past, but now it seems that this does not work anymore. Could you please let me know how would you nest a gallery within another?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pachi

Re: Powerapps: cannot create nested gallery anymore

Hello @Sofie_D , thank you for your answer.

looking also at your screenshot, I found probably the root cause of the issue. The point is this: if you try to do the steps I have always done in the past (and that you also performed in your test) at "screen level" it works (as in your screenshot), ont the other end if you try to do the same within a "Display" form it is not possible to create nested gallery using these actions.

The workaround I see is to create a nested gallery within another screen in the app and then copy and paste within the "Display" form you are working on. In my situation I have to work within a "Display" form since I was customizing a Sharepoint form.

What do you think?

View solution in original post

Sofie_D
Level 8

You seem to be correct, to create them in a form I need to copy paste them into it. Good to know for the future 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Sofie_D
Level 8

I've just tested it myself and found no problem.

Can you try selecting the template itself instead of a label inside of it before creating the second gallery?

Pachi

Hello @Sofie_D , thank you for your answer.

looking also at your screenshot, I found probably the root cause of the issue. The point is this: if you try to do the steps I have always done in the past (and that you also performed in your test) at "screen level" it works (as in your screenshot), ont the other end if you try to do the same within a "Display" form it is not possible to create nested gallery using these actions.

The workaround I see is to create a nested gallery within another screen in the app and then copy and paste within the "Display" form you are working on. In my situation I have to work within a "Display" form since I was customizing a Sharepoint form.

What do you think?

Sofie_D
Level 8

You seem to be correct, to create them in a form I need to copy paste them into it. Good to know for the future 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,745)