cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW
Level: Powered On

Re: Powerapps down

Thanks.

It would've been nice to see that on the service outage page!! I looked and only saw items from 2018. (???)
Hisham

Any update on the fix. I see my app but the data source connection (to a SharePoint list) is lost and when I try to refresh it says try again! What's going on?
Microsoft Employee

Hey Hisham,

the original outage has been fixed a few hours ago, you seem to have run into a separate issue. Can you share your appId and/or sessionId? Also can you try removing the SharePoint connection and re-adding it to see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks,

Kunal.

Hisham

Hi @Kunal 

As I said I could see the form aand create connections but my original connection was lost and I was unable to refresh or fix it because it says "Try again" when I hit refresh. I believe the outage caused this because I was working on the form ans saving my changes when the outage happened. I tried creating another connection to the same list which was created but no data were coming whether by replacing the connection in form or even when I created new forms in the app. When I tried replacing the DataCards with the new Data Source (which is actually the same list) it took about an hour saying it was working on it till I actually closed the app. I want to not also that the App Studio (web version) was extremely slow doing ANY task. I restored an older version (current live version) and shutdown the machine yesterday night. Today morning I opened it it was much faster (still slower than usual but okay) and the form was working with the connection and data but I just lost the few last changes which is OK given the disaster that could've costed me all the weeks of work that's been done.

That being said,, I believe there should be a mechanism by Microsoft to prevent damage of PowerApps forms when something like this happens maybe like keeping a crash copy (like Office application) that has your recent changes with the previous working settings. Hopfully this is useful to everyone in this post.

CW

Agreed. I almost lost my app had I not checked data connections first. Why the connections got blown away I don't know, (well I do but I'm not going to go there right now).

CW

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 349 members 5,090 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: