cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGS94
Level 8

Powerapps not Assigning PowerAppsID to Excel Table

I am fairly experienced with Excel but am new to PowerApps. I have been building an app using an Excel data source (on OneDrive). Over the last week or so I have been adding new tables (and modifying existing tables) as I figure out how things work and so far so good, but for some reason I now cannot get PA to refresh any new tables I create. That is, PA allows me to select refresh and it appears to be refreshing, but the data table remains unchanged (ie, the PowerAppsID column is not getting added to these new tables).

I do not see that I have done anything differently now than what I have been doing up to this point. For example, I create each table in its own worksheet,  no fields are calculated, etc.

When I started having this issue, I even created a new sheet with the following simple table (TestA and TestB are the actual colum headers):

TestA TestB

ah
bi
cj
dk
el
fm
gn

and even this one would not refresh (again, PA does allow me to select Refresh after adding the table and it appears to be refreshing, but the PowerApps ID column is not being created in the Excel table).

1. The legacy tables (that did refresh up to this point) continue to work fine in the app
  2. I have tried removing all tables as a data source in PA and re-loading them again
  3. I closed the Excel and the app during each step (as a "just in case" measure)
  4. I even removed my OneDrive as a PA datasource and added it back

After all these steps, the "legacy" data tables continue to work fine, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get any new tables to refresh.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!

4 REPLIES 4
AGS94
Level 8

Re: Powerapps not Assigning PowerAppsID to Excel Table

Update: I Just tried creating a new excel file within the same OD folder as the other and created the same simple table as shown above and everything worked as expected. This was all done within the same app, so it appears PA and the original Excel file no longer like each other for some reason?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AGS94 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that PowerApps could not add a __PowerAppsId__ column automatically within your new added table?

Have your format your Excel sheet as a Table properly?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have formatted your Excel sheet as aTable properly.

Also please consider re-create a new app based on your Excel table, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AGS94
Level 8

Do you mean that PowerApps could not add a __PowerAppsId__ column automatically within your new added table?

Correct.

Have your format your Excel sheet as a Table properly?

Yes. As mentioned, I had been adding tables to this Excel file over the past week or so (I have 9 tables in total - all on their own worksheet). I had no issues up until this occurred. As I mentioned, I created a new simple app and it still would not assign the PowerAppsid. I then created a new Excel table with the same data from the other Excel file and it worked fine.

Also please consider re-create a new app based on your Excel table, then check if the issue is solved.

Yes - already tried that (see my answer above). I have since cut-and-pasted all the date into a new Excel file and it is working fine. My concern is I should not have to do that (not to mention it is time consuming) and at this point I am just trying to figure out what I may have done wrong so I don't do it again.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,847)