cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Teja_Veleti
Level: Powered On

Powerapps view form

First, i wanted to display 6 fields from a sharepoint list which will be changed upon selecting a value from combobox. This is still mapped to the same list.

Second, when i run the app, it shows "no item to display" message. 

How can i avoid these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps view form

Hi @Teja_Veleti ,

1)Do you want to filter items based on the selection of combo box?

Could you tell me the field's data type that you want to display in the combo box?

I assume that it is text type.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

I want to the gallery filter based on the selection of Title( a text field in my list)

set the combo box's Items: listname

set the combo box's primary text: Title

set the combo box's search text: Title

Set the gallery's Items:

Filter(listname,Title in combo box1.SelectedItems.Title)

Combo box is multiple selection, so you could filter items based on many selections.

Here's a doc about Filter function for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

What's more, if you want to filter one item to display in a form based on the selection of combo box, you could try:

LookUp(listname,Title = combo box1.Selected.Title)

In form, you could only display one item. Using lookup function will only return one record, while filter function will return a table.

2)Could you tell me whether do you want to display an item or edit an item or create a new item?

If you  want to display an item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.View

You also need to set the form's Item to one specific item, for example:

If you  want to edit an item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.Edit

Please note that if you do not set the form's Item, which item to display? which item to be edit?

If you  want to create a new item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.New

In this situation, you do not need to set the form's Item.

I think you may want to know more about form's mode, here's a doc about it in details for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Teja_Veleti 

"No Item to Display" will be displayed when the edit form mode is not initialized. This means, you need to set the state as New or Edit. New to create a record and Edit to edit an existing one. To resolve this you can use the expression on the "OnVisible" property of the form as:
NewForm(Form1)
or
EditForm(Form1) -> If this is an edit form, you need to update the "Item" property to appropriate record.

To filter the value based on dropdown selection, you can user Filter() function. If you can share more details about the schema and the logical implementation, we can help you build a formula for it. For more info, please refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Teja_Veleti ,

1)Do you want to filter items based on the selection of combo box?

Could you tell me the field's data type that you want to display in the combo box?

I assume that it is text type.

I've made a similar test for your reference:

I want to the gallery filter based on the selection of Title( a text field in my list)

set the combo box's Items: listname

set the combo box's primary text: Title

set the combo box's search text: Title

Set the gallery's Items:

Filter(listname,Title in combo box1.SelectedItems.Title)

Combo box is multiple selection, so you could filter items based on many selections.

Here's a doc about Filter function for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

What's more, if you want to filter one item to display in a form based on the selection of combo box, you could try:

In form, you could only display one item. Using lookup function will only return one record, while filter function will return a table.

2)Could you tell me whether do you want to display an item or edit an item or create a new item?

If you  want to display an item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.View

If you  want to edit an item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.Edit

Please note that if you do not set the form's Item, which item to display? which item to be edit?

If you  want to create a new item, you need to set the form's DefaultMode:FormMode.New

In this situation, you do not need to set the form's Item.

I think you may want to know more about form's mode, here's a doc about it in details for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,852)