cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallmant
Level: Powered On

PowersApps Flow Button to Send Email of Attachments from SharePoint List

Hello,

I created a Flow in SharePoint (images attached) that when a List Item is selected it sends an email to the user with all the image attachments.  I then created an 3 Screen PowerApps App based on the same SharePoint List.  I am struggeling with creating a Flow Button from the application Detail Screen to essentially perform the same action as the Flow in Sharepoint.  

I have looked at a lot of tutorials showing Flow Buttons put information into SharePoint, but haven't found anything for what I am trying to accomplish.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowersApps Flow Button to Send Email of Attachments from SharePoint List

Hi @hallmant ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to press the Button within the Detail screen of your app to send an email for the corresponding list item along with all images attachments?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the "For a Selected Item" trigger could not achieve your needs. As an alternative solution, you could customize a new flow (create from blank), and use the "PowerApps" button trigger as the Trigger of the flow. Then within the flow, specify the parameters (e.g. List Item ID) that you want to pass from your app.

After that, within your flow, you could retrieve corresponding SP List Item details based on the passed List Item ID.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:1.JPG

2.JPG

Within the "Append to array variable" action, Value field set to following:

{
  "Name": @{items('Apply_to_each')?['DisplayName']},
 "ContentBytes": @{body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content']}
}

ContentBytes property should be set to following formula:

body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content']

More details about using expressions within Flow actions, please check the following blog:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

PowerApps app's configuration as below:3.JPG

Add a Button (called "Send Email") within your Detail Screen, set the OnSelect property to following:

'20190506_case2'.Run(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

More details about string a flow from an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Have your tried creating the same fow you are using in SharePoint but instead of using the SharePoint "For a selected item" trigger use the PowerApps trigger. Then for the ID in the Get Item connector use the "Ask in PowerApps" expression.

In PowerApps you should be able to add a button to your Detailed screen that calls the Flow and passes the item id from Detailed screen to the Flow you are executing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
hallmant

Hi Jeff,

So I did exactly as you said and was succesfull in that I could click on the button and get an email with ID information I requested, such as Variety.  The problem I have now is that when I go to add the AttachmentArray to the Send an Email step I do not get the variable "attachmentArray" as I do in my SharePoint flow.  Thus no attachements show up in my email.  Any thoughts on why that variable is not a choice in the dynamic content box?  

Thanks,

Travis

Super User
Super User

The rest of the Flow is the same, so you are using Get Item and Get Attachments connectors in Flow and the ID being used is the ID being passed in by PowerApps?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hallmant ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to press the Button within the Detail screen of your app to send an email for the corresponding list item along with all images attachments?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the "For a Selected Item" trigger could not achieve your needs. As an alternative solution, you could customize a new flow (create from blank), and use the "PowerApps" button trigger as the Trigger of the flow. Then within the flow, specify the parameters (e.g. List Item ID) that you want to pass from your app.

After that, within your flow, you could retrieve corresponding SP List Item details based on the passed List Item ID.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:1.JPG

2.JPG

Within the "Append to array variable" action, Value field set to following:

{
  "Name": @{items('Apply_to_each')?['DisplayName']},
 "ContentBytes": @{body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content']}
}

ContentBytes property should be set to following formula:

body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content']

More details about using expressions within Flow actions, please check the following blog:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

PowerApps app's configuration as below:3.JPG

Add a Button (called "Send Email") within your Detail Screen, set the OnSelect property to following:

'20190506_case2'.Run(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

More details about string a flow from an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

hallmant

Kris that worked!  Thank you kindly for your help on that.  John and yourself were saviors.  Thanks for taking the time to help me on this.  It is much appreciated.  -Travis

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,776)